Senior Engineering Manager
Product Security Engineering, Paved Paths
Posted on 12/8/2022
Remote • United States
- 2+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
- Experience building and maintaining services or libraries with large scale of usage either externally or within an organization
- Familiarity with modern software development practices used to build and deploy web or other server applications
- You love coaching, mentoring, sponsorship, and helping others improve
- You are tenacious, highly organized, and laser-focused when working toward a goal
- Your decisions are inclusive and timely
- You have participated in developing and implementing appropriate and effective controls to mitigate identified security threats and risks
- You have worked either within or with engineers in the security/product security space
- Team members feel fulfilled and like they can bring their authentic selves to work
- Your team of talented and motivated Hubbers is supported in their career by prioritizing weekly team syncs, consistent 1:1s, individual development planning, and performance reviews
- The team is supported in technical leadership and has an established culture of mentorship, pairing, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- Security improvements are shipped early and often to our products and engineering teams to help ensure that they are serving the needs of our developers and customers in a way proportionate to our investment in them
- The team uses a data-informed approach to deciding on new projects, and operates like an embedded product team within Product Security, focusing our internal engineering teams as our customer
- Leadership and teams across security and engineering have a clear understanding of the direction and progress of the team's projects and the reasoning behind the decisions made for these projects
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- Experience with hiring and growing teams
- A high comfort level with asynchronous work environments
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and ability to understand the value and drivers behind adjusting style and tone for a given audience, including technical and non-technical peers and leaders across the company
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.