Sr. Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Carlos, CA, USA
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree. 3+ years of experience working on opto-mechanical designs and sub-systems
- A strong mechanical engineering background with fluency in CAD and a solid understanding of dimensioning / tolerancing principles. Proficiency in Solidworks or similar CAD software
- Experience developing specifications for optical/optomechanical/optoelectronic assemblies
- Demonstrated experience in developing systems and processes for optical alignment and metrology for optical elements and optical systems preferred
- Knowledge of precision optical/mechanical alignment tools and techniques
- Please include your portfolio along with your resume/CV
- Work closely with our Optics and Systems Engineers, conceptualize opto-mechanical designs
- Perform engineering analysis of parts and assemblies that can include optics mounting strategies, detailed tolerance, thermal, stress, fatigue, lifetime, manufacturability, failure modes, and cost
- Collaborate directly with cross functional teams to specify system requirements, implement designs, and troubleshoot issues
- Create and maintain documentation to enable effective knowledge transfer throughout the company
- Identify appropriate vendors and build initial relationships for prototype procurement
- Experience identifying, qualifying, and managing turnkey suppliers
- Scripting and UI development expertise for automated alignment tools with motion control, sensors, and/or machine vision components
- Proficiency in MATLAB/LabVIEW/Python preferred
- Experience in a production environment / comfort working with technicians on the manufacturing floor as well as in the lab
3D printing technology
Carbon is on a mission to enable creators everywhere to make what the world needs right now. Carbon develops 3D printing technology for enterprises.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym Membership / Reimbursement
- PTO / Vacation Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- WE ARE AMBITIOUS - Be bold. Take risks.
- WE ARE INNOVATIVE - Innovate from diverse perspectives.
- WE HAVE INTEGRITY - Do what’s right.
- WE ARE COLLABORATIVE - Building together makes us better.
- WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE - Take ownership. Make it happen.