Chief Financial Officer
Posted on 12/9/2022
New York, NY, USA
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Accounting, Finance, business administration or related field and CPA-qualified
- Minimum 10 years' experience leading the finance function within a fast-growth
- Digital/technology business - an understanding of the trajectory of start ups would be more culturally aligned than large corporate experience
- The ability to impact and collaboratively lead a diverse stakeholder group ranging from the executive leaders, internal teams, partners, merchants and customers
- Initiative, persistence, an entrepreneurial spirit and energy with the desire to be part of a fast-growth start-up environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate solution value propositions to the ELT and wider teams
- Understanding of the credit, payments, eCommerce, and Retail markets - (advantageous but not essential)
- Self starter - goal oriented and self-motivated. Comfortable working in a fast-paced often ambiguous start-up environment
- Flexible - can operate in the absence of initial structure
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to coach, grow and influence others in a highly fast paced and diverse environment in terms of organisation culture, experience and seniority
- Lead the development of Zip's US annual business plan
- Lead the development of Zip's US annual budget that fully supports strategic and financial goals
- Develop/establish and execute operating policies that support Zip's overall policies and objectives
- Develop and implement profitability management and measurement processes, including unit costs, customer lifetime value, customer acquisition costs, merchant profitability and expense control
- Develop and report on key metrics tied to the financial and strategic objectives of financial management and accounting
- Ensure any variances to the budget are understood and highlighted. Reforecast where appropriate
- Manage and oversee the monthly, half-yearly, and annual financial statement and close processes including the development of a management dashboard
- Ensure all corporate reporting needs are met, to the required timeframe
- Manage the operations team to ensure execution of A/P, A/R, budgeting, payroll, and cash management
- Manage Zip's US credit facility in conjunction with Zip's Director, Treasury, located in Sydney
- Establish/update financial management processes as well as related infrastructure (e.g. accounting systems) to enable scalability of operations
- Ensure internal control and governance processes are in place to support Zip's global control environment
- Oversee monitoring, tracking and compliance of contracts. Develop pricing guidelines, pricing rates and proposal pricing strategies
- Manage facilities infrastructure including office environment and administrative staff
- Advise on other management and operational matters
- Ensure the selection, development, motivation and retention of a qualified team to effectively carry out all functions and provide continuity of managerial and specialized skills
Online payment service
Zip's mission is to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day. They give consumers, merchants and businesses around the world access to transparent, flexible and interest-free credit.
- Parental leave - Enjoy up to 20 weeks paid leave and return part-time on a full-time salary for 3 months!
- Bonus scheme - We give you skin in the game through our various share incentive programs.
- Family support - We support our ZipFam on their life journey through people policies and programs.
- Volunteer leave - Use your paid volunteer leave to Zip it forward and create change in your community.
- Reward & recognition - We love celebrating your wins and giving you the freedom to choose how you're rewarded.
- Career growth - You'll be given clear progression pathways and transparent coaching so you can truly flourish.
Company Core Values
- Customer first - Put customers before everything else
- Own it - See a problem, own the solution
- Stronger together - Think 'we' not 'me'
- Change the game - Cross new boundaries