Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we’re looking for:
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing, modeling and reporting on the Revenue and Acquisition costs for Rover. As a member of the FP&A team at Rover, you will provide deep domain expertise and analytics support to quantitatively-minded individuals in FP&A and Sr Leadership while partnering with the organization in its entirety. You will develop analysis and financial management by partnering with internal stakeholders, Sr leadership and the Director of FP&A. The right person will be an operational finance agent who will play an integral part in helping further the predictability and financial discipline of Rover’s business.
Why we’ll hire you:
- You love forecasting: digging into cohort behavior and growth dynamics, building and testing models for predictiveness, identifying key inputs, and collaborating with your stakeholders on assumptions.
- You’re a systems-thinker: you automate and simplify repetitive tasks to free up time for insightful analysis.
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts, furrow your eyebrows, and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers.
- You are intellectually curious and stubbornly dig into details to find root causes rather than accepting convenient surface-level explanations or presuppositions.
- You clearly and concisely communicate complex topics to your stakeholders, separating the signal from the noise.
- You are empathetic, emotionally intelligent, and easy to work with. You understand at a cellular level that your stakeholders have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to empower them to make informed decisions.
- You have a demonstrated pattern of being self-started, self-taught, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- You are a hard worker. You have a consistent pattern of hitting deadlines.
You will have the following core areas of focus:
- Owning the full P&L forecast for Rover’s International and Non-Core businesses
- Partnering closely with the GM of our International business: managing the full P&L forecast, helping think through investment decisions and growth dynamics
- Presenting and Communicating financial results to your stakeholders and executive leadership
- Constantly improving forecast models and reporting processes for higher accuracy and lower maintenance
Your Toolset includes:
- Cohort modeling expertise
- SQL data querying - you are fluent, easily navigating through a large data warehouse
- Experience and a passion for fast paced, high growth companies
- Mode, Tableau, Power BI or similar data visualization tools
- Netsuite, Hyperion, Adaptive Planning, or other EPM tools
- Fundamentals of financial accounting, analytics and internal customer service
Your Qualifications are:
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Math, Statistics, Business, or Computer science preferred - the main thing is you have learned how to think analytically.
- 5+ years in corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or an established technology company
- Exceptional Excel / financial modeling skills.
- 2+ years of experience owning revenue forecast models
- In the greater Seattle area the first year salary range is $118,476 - $152,686. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to all employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committedto work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.