Associate/Senior/Staff/Lead Technical Writer
Posted on 4/28/2022
Washington, USA • Pennsylvania, USA • Oregon, USA • California...
- You have 2+ (associate) to 10+ (Lead+) years of technical writing experience
- You have experience making challenging, complex ideas, concepts, and tasks understandable and appealing to diverse audiences. Maybe that means you have past experience as a technical or marketing writer, or maybe it means you come from the world of teaching, curriculum development, scientific journalism, or some other realm
- You have a creative side that is just dying to be expressed. We want to push the envelope on authoring engaging and inspiring text that gives our users moments of delight without irritating them. Your creative writing degree will finally come in handy
- You know that being a technical writer involves way more than just putting pen to paper (or, well, fingers to keyboard). You should dig into the stuff you're writing about so you understand not just how it works, but why it matters to the people using it. You serve as the voice of our users when collaborating with scrum teams. You figure out the best way to get customers the info they need, and you find ways of connecting with the folks who use our docs to get their feedback
- You have the flexibility and openness to adopt our style, processes, and practices, but aren't afraid to suggest improvements that benefits our writers, our collaborators, or our customers
- You enjoy working in a team, and have the people and communication skills to do that well. You can also prioritize time to work independently
- You love writing for different audiences, from end users to admins to developers. You may have your favorite kind of user, but you can write content that will be engaging and informative for anyone
- You know how to gracefully accept feedback. Many folks across Salesforce have strong opinions about the experience we present to customers. You'll need to know when to push back on feedback you disagree with and when to adopt
- Source control software such as Perforce
- An XML editor like Oxygen
- DITA/structured writing
- Peer editing
- The Agile approach to development
- We're passionate about creating awesome docs of all sorts for our customers, from UI text to walkthroughs, from online help to Trailhead modules, from release notes to developer guides, and from videos to implementation guides
- Based in San Francisco, we're also spread around North America. Shout out to Brooklyn, Rhode Island, Virginia, Florida, Seattle, Portland, rural eastern Oregon, Fresno, San Diego, and Vancouver!
- We're serious about the stuff a doc team should be serious about-like developing a smart content strategy and constantly looking for new and better ways to get our users the info they need when and where they need it
Customer relationship management (CRM) software
Salesforce's mission is to empower companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company operates a CRM platform for businesses.
- Trust: Nothing is more important than trust.
- Customer Success: When our customers succeed, we succeed.
- Innovation: Innovation comes from everyone.
- Equality: We all have a role to play.
- Sustainability: We lead boldly to address the climate emergency.