Enterprise Scientific Solutions Consultant
Updated on 1/28/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Have a bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field, with 6+ years of professional experience with biotech/biopharma development/manufacturing or PhD/M.S. with 4+ years of professional experience with biotech/biopharma development/manufacturing. Advanced degrees in scientific disciplines desired but not required. Previous customer facing and technical solutions consulting experience is also a plus
- Demonstrated experience with relevant scientific/informatics software such as LIMS, LES, MES and/or SDMS. Understand technology ecosystems, as well as the integrations between systems; have high level knowledge of developer platforms, architecture, and security
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively model scientific processes and data to subsequently craft solutions, based on product knowledge and industry best practices. Prior experience in implementing, supporting, and/or integrating scientific systems desired
- Understand the lifecycle of biopharma drug research and development, tech transfer, and manufacturing. Specifically understand what requirements and outcomes motivate each team and how to properly address them with a software solution
- Demonstrated ability to perform business and needs analysis. Have prior experience working with stakeholders to understand scientific challenges, business needs, and critical requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with varied stakeholders, to ensure that all needs are met
- Willingness to travel to customer sites 25-30%
- Effectively partner with account executives, SSC peers, and leadership to create account and deal strategies that lead to selection, planning out customer engagements that lead to compelling solutions
- Manage organized discoveries to uncover customer needs and requirements that relate to decision criteria and key business issues
- Craft solutions based on Benchling capabilities, industry best practices and standard R&D functions, with data models and processes that map to the customer or prospects' science and that fit into their current technology landscape
- Present and demonstrate the solution in a persuasive way based on key messages, decision criteria, and key business issues. Manage customer questions and objections and resolve concerns. Ensure that the solution is presented competitively, with awareness of alternatives including build in house
- Engage with product management to provide insight into prospect and customer needs and industry trends. Influence the roadmap for market success. Ensure that the roadmap is clear to customers as required to influence buying decisions
- Provide leadership by creating reusable solutions, content, and training for key areas. Work with the extended team to ensure that they are successful and learn from your expertise. Mentor and partner with other SSCs to build their success
- Espouse Benchling's core leadership principles and cultural values
Cloud platform for life science R&D
Benchling's mission is to accelerate life science for the benefit of humanity. The company is building a modern R&D software for biotechnology research.
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Remote working stipend
- Yearly company-wide retreat
- Monthly gym and wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision
- Weekly company social events
- Flexible PTO and company-wide winter holiday shutdown
Company Core Values
- Build a Lever - We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations.
- Empower through Information - We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on Tenacity - Dreaming big isn’t enough. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination to our work.
- Raise the Bar - We’re dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.