Director of Scalable Support
Updated on 11/30/2023
Web-based collaborative platform for product design
Figma stands out as an exemplary workplace due to its commitment to fostering a collaborative culture, its unique competitive advantage in consolidating design tools and workflows, and its industry leadership in web-based design platforms. The company's technical innovation is evident in products like FigJam, an online whiteboard that enhances team collaboration, demonstrating their dedication to improving efficiency and communication in product development. Figma's ability to simplify complex processes and facilitate teamwork across different time zones positions it as a leader in the design industry, making it an exciting and rewarding place to work.
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 73%
1 year growth↑ 288%
2 year growth↑ 1125%
San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
UI/UX & Design
- 10+ years of work experience with 4+ years experience leading high-performing support teams and developing leaders across multiple geographical locations.
- 2+ years of experience as a second-line manager
- Experience building high-performing help centers and community forums
- Experience developing KPIs, with an eye towards continuously improving the customer experience
- Communicate clear vision and purpose, helping to draw the connection between Scalable Support and our broader company goals.
- Build and shape the future of our Scalable Support function, aligning the goals and strategies of our Community and Product Education teams, ensuring we are focused on crafting premium self-service experiences for our customers.
- Improve deflection and customer education through effective self-serve, educational content strategy, and other key initiatives, ensuring that we provide a stellar experience throughout the entire customer journey.
- Partner with Support Operations on strategic direction and implementation of automation tooling (i.e. AI chatbots, Zendesk triggers, etc.) to improve our contact flow and help our customers self-solve with ease.
- Help to drive forward our localization strategies, ensuring our teams are prepared to scale globally.
- Define, implement, and report on key performance metrics for Scalable Support, surfacing meaningful insights to our broader Product Support organization and cross functional partners.
- Ensure the team is equipped to handle critical issues and incidents, providing swift customer responses and keeping our internal teams up to speed on progress and issue resolution.
- Coach and develop our current and up-and-coming leaders with a focus on leadership skills and career development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional content teams to drive growth for Figma’s YouTube channel.
- Deliver quality support on Twitter, our forum, and other community platforms, ensuring our customers experience a responsive and engaging experience.
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with design processes and tools
- Strong technical capability and written communication skills, and a proven ability to turn complex ideas into easily understood concepts.
- A demonstrated understanding of people leadership with a strong passion for building effective teams and developing talent.