Our vision is to inspire brands and people to impact the world. To create big ideas that make a significant contribution to the planet, society, and the bottom line. We believe in today’s world this is the best way for our clients to achieve sustainable growth.
We achieve this by breaking down the barriers that restrict talent and ideas, we call this Borderless Creativity.
Which is why our teams work fluidly across 5 capabilities: Advertising, Consulting , Experience, PR and I, and Health. This allows us to not only operate but innovate at the intersection of capabilities and talent. We believe impact and magic lies at this intersection. Ogilvy scales this by seamlessly connecting and accessing the deep cultural expertise of 132 offices in 83 countries.
Our mission: We inspire brands and people to impact the world
How we do it: We innovate and operate at the intersection of people and capabilities
What we do: Borderless creativity
About this role:
As a result of a new client win in the Experience part of Ogilvy, we’re looking for an Account Manager to join our team.It’s a significant and exciting win, on an iconic British brand. Here’s what you’ll be doing…
Building brilliant client relationships
- Quickly earn the trust of your clients, and inspire them through your knowledge and experience
- Listen carefully, understanding the client’s business and adapting the Agency approach to solidify client relationships with junior and mid-level clients
- Proactively consider how actions will affect clients; responding quickly to meet clients needs; resolve problems; avoiding over-commitment
- Understand the importance of account ‘admin’- setting us up for future success by avoiding cutting corners from day 1
Making work we’re proud of
- Have a passion and deep understanding of Experience channels
- Increasingly be able to see the work we do in its strategic context and how it contributes to larger client business objectives
- Provide opinions and input into briefs and the work and be keen to contribute – clearly valuing the quality of the work over a pure focus on process
- Always demonstrate strong attention to detail and a pride in our work
- Comfortably take responsibility for successful delivery of the projects assigned to you, with support when you need it
- Identify potential project risks and developing contingency plans
- Ensure solutions are best in class for both client and agency
- Recognise when to escalate issues which have commercial implications, and how to manage these situations with your Account Director
- Manage the budget and timings on your projects, and work with your client(s) to manage costs and deliverables
- Be aware of the role you play within the team dynamic, and be an active, positive contributor
Problem solving & decision making
- Resolve problems and makes decision on your own projects, consulting with stakeholders as needed.
- Be restless in researching and understanding other approaches/solutions/perspectives to briefs
- Create relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities and achieving desired outcomes on your projects.
A bit about you:
You’ll be an integral part of the team transitioning, onboarding, and leading on the day to day of this account. As part of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an excellent strategy team as well as project management, and exceptional creatives, to deliver excellence in customer journeys, and campaigns across email, direct mail, social and digital.
You are highly organised and accountable, and able to quickly build relationships and collaborate with the rest of the Ogilvy team to create extraordinary work from day 1.
You have a passion for best in class thinking and ways of working in the Experience space and bring these to bear with your clients.
- 2 - 4 years agency experience working with clients in direct/owned channels
- Ability to travel for meetings (clients are across the UK)
- Telco, financial services, or utilities experience
- Appreciation for data or martech
- Some social or digital experience
At Ogilvy UK, we want to make sure that you’re set up to grow and develop in your role and enjoy some of the best times of your working career. Our learning and development team are on hand to provide training for you, to help you excel in every aspect of your role. So, if you think you may not have experience in some aspects of this position, don’t worry, and apply away. We’re here to help you grow and nurture your skills.
How we help you Thrive:
- 25 days annual leave + 1 Volunteer Day
- Bupa Healthcare (now includes Bupa health assessment and menopause support)
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave
- We have a flexible working policy with core working hours (10am – 4pm) and have launched our 3.2 Hybrid Working model
- A 1.5:1 matching pension structure
- Wellbeing and Health: Up to £25.00 per month towards physical or online exercise class membership, Unmind membership, LifeWorks tool and annual eye tests.
- Learning and development budgets plus Enhanced and ongoing wellbeing incentives and activities throughout the year
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x4 salary
- [email protected]: To foster an inclusive environment we have our internal groups: Ogilvy Rewired, Roots, Equals, Proud plus Parents and Carers. See here for more information
Dedicated to our people, we provide additional perks to help support your work life balance
If this sounds like the right role for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Our ambition is to attract the very best diverse talent to Ogilvy, and to be the employer of choice in the UK. We want everyone to feel welcome when they join us, and once they’re here, for them to want to stay with us, grow their career, and to feel they belong with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for anyone who wants to work at Ogilvy. We believe that for creativity to flourish, everything about how we work must have diversity at its core. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.