We are actively recruiting for a Manager, Market Performance & Operations to support our Ohio market. The Manager, along with a team of Practice Transformation Specialists, will deploy necessary education, services, and tools to support core ACO transformation initiatives resulting in higher quality and reduced unnecessary cost of care. The success of the Manager will be measured by meeting the quality and cost goals of the ACO, maintenance of high levels of practice satisfaction and effective management of a local field team.
The Manager, Market Performance & Operations demands a solid foundational understanding of the healthcare delivery system for primary care practices and/or community health centers, and exceptional leadership and management skills. This Manager is passionate about population health and highly mission-oriented around providing better care to patients while reducing costs and leading a high-performing team. Best candidates have related experience in a client or physician-facing, project lead in the healthcare industry. Relevant positions include - Office Administrator or Manager in Physician’s office or hospital setting; Project Manager at Health Plan; Nurse Manager in a clinical setting; Healthcare Management consulting.
This is a work-from-home (remote) position. Candidate will need to travel within the OH area up to 15% (post-pandemic) and occasional travel to Aledade’s HQ in Bethesda, MD.
This Manager must:
- Have strong project management skills necessary to coordinate and support care delivery transformation within physician practices in the ACO.
- The responsibility for managing multiple concurrent initiatives, including facilitating communications between internal and practice-facing team members.
- Be viewed as a strong leader with expert knowledge of initiative status across each practice, working internally with various Aledade teams and across dynamic groups of local stakeholders to develop action plans around barriers and get the job done.
- Provide field staff and practice staff education, technical assistance, goal setting, and applying rigorous project management discipline to ensure partner practices achieve their goals, leading to improved health outcomes for patients and savings to the healthcare system.
- Continuously educate partner practices on practice progress to goals and healthcare market trends, experience with healthcare data analysis is a plus. Implement practice savings goals and leverage the expertise of other Aledade team members to achieve the goals.
- Execute on direction from the Executive Director, Regional Medical Director, and/or Market Presidents, and internal team members as necessary to achieve practice transformation goals.
- A strong leader to guide Practice Transformation Specialists in individual initiative planning efforts, tailored for each practice.
- Apply project management skills to execute, monitor, and control ACO activities planned or in progress to ensure an optimal balance of schedules and resources to meet milestones.
- Prioritize multiple initiatives, mitigate risks, and analyze schedule variances to understand and resolve root causes.
- Create presentations for ACO Board of Directors and record Board minutes.
- Deployment of Aledade’s products and services, workflow redesign, EHR optimization, quality measure reporting support.
- Cultivate in-depth relationships with practices and regional partners, including regular status calls and in-person meetings, to set strategic priorities, report results, monitor utilization and costs, and identify opportunities for growth and savings.
- Manage the onboarding process of new practices and plan for onboarding success.
- Facilitate regular meetings with practices to educate practice staff, build ACO buy-in, identify and resolve barriers, monitor progress, and gather practice satisfaction, feedback, and lessons learned.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university in healthcare, health technology or information systems-related program. Significant and relevant work experience in lieu of educational requirements may be accepted
- Experience with value-based care concepts including the triple aim, risk stratification, and accountable care.
- Excellent computer skills using Excel and willingness to learn additional software applications.
- Skilled with using data to drive planning and evaluation of success.
- Experience with relevant competencies include practice management, project management, account management, analytical problem solving, and strategic insight using healthcare analytical skills.
- Ability to perform project management and account management best practices including project planning, schedule management (activity and resource definition), scope management, quality management, communication management, risk management, and stakeholder management.
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience performing or overseeing practice transformation in an ambulatory care setting including workflow optimization, patient education, and influencing change.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and team-building skills while managing a dynamic internal team of people to achieve the goals set forth by the organization.
- Strong alignment with Aledade core values of Service, Curiosity, Evidence, Accountability, and Inclusion and ability to lead others in pursuit of excellence within these values.
- Required to travel up to 15% of the time to ACO practices and team meetings in the region, and to Bethesda headquarters office with occasional expected overnight travel included (post-pandemic).
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that works better for patients, practices and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care.We were founded in 2014, and since then, we’ve become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy.If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you’re eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you’ve come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners including a transportation reimbursement benefit.
Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.