Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry’s largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree®, FraudGuard®, RegsData™, TaxSource™ and ACI®. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Customer Service Representatives may be found in service-related call center or non-call center environments. Employees perform a host of customer service duties such as receiving inquiries and requests from the general public, real estate agents/brokers or other agencies. The type of request is influenced by the business segment. For example, escrow branches will manage escrow-related calls, insurance businesses may receive policy or claims related inquiries, and other groups may receive technical-related questions. Interface with customers typically by telephone, email or letter to handle queries/problems. Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting. These jobs are generic for broad applicability across the organization.
- Interfaces with customers to resolve 1st tier/routine to 2nd tier/complex customer service calls/queries problems. Determine customer needs, identify problems, research issues, and recommend solutions.
- Escalates queries/requests for action to Supervisor or appropriate party for immediate action.
- Maintain and create logs, records and files.
- May assist customers with billing inquiries. Resolve issues, track results. Prepare billing; coordinate issues with collections and other departments.
- May perform customer setup, onboarding and installations. Order and install necessary equipment. Test to make sure customer needs are met.
- May do training/product demonstrations. Customize to meet customer’s needs/ applications. Training ranges from 1:1 to classroom to phone to web based to on site delivery.
- May do order fulfillment. Receive orders, reconcile information, track on spreadsheets, follow-up with customers.
- May serve as liaison to offshore customers service operations providing training to entry level customer service reps; 2nd tier customer service resource.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Requires extensive knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong knowledge of computerized data entry system or other relevant applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills
Typical Range of Experience
- Generally has 4+ years of related experience
Pay Range: $31,572- $54,927
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.