Machine Learning Research Intern
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Vision, or related fields
- Experienced in at least one key ML area among Computer Vision, ML theory, AI ethics, or related
- At least one publication at high-impact conferences/journals (CVPR, ICLR, NeurIPS, CoRL, ICML, RSS, ICRA, ICCV, ECCV, PAMI, IJCV, etc.) on the aforementioned topics or other evidence of pioneering research work (e.g., via open source contributions)
- Some experience in scientific python, Unix, and a common DL framework (preferably PyTorch)
- You can work in collaboration with other researchers and engineers to invent and develop interesting research ideas
- You are passionate about large scale challenges in ML grounded in physical systems, especially in the space of robotics
- You are a reliable team-player. You like to think big and have depth. You care about openness and delivering with integrity
- Please add a link to Google Scholar and include a full list of publications when submitting your CV to this position
- Conduct high-reaching research in Machine Learning that solves open problems of high practical value and validate it in real-world benchmarks and systems
- Push the boundaries of knowledge and the state of the art in ML areas including simulation, perception, prediction, and planning for autonomous driving and robotics
- Partner with a multidisciplinary team including other research scientists and engineers across the ML team, TRI, Toyota, and our university partners
- Stay up to date on the state-of-the-art in Machine Learning ideas and software
- Present results in verbal and written communications, internally, at top international venues, and via open source contributions to the community
- Participate in collaborations with our external research partners (e.g., Stanford, Berkeley, MIT, CMU, UMich)
R&D arm of Toyota
Toyota Research Institute's mission is to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. They're dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Robust programs to support the wellbeing, happiness, and health of our people and their families.
- 401(k) plan including matching and annual profit sharing along with total vacation and holidays totaling 38 days per year.
- Subsidized commuter benefits and generous employee and vehicle allowances
- 2 paid days per year to participate in volunteer activities.
- Maternity Leave program with 10 paid weeks plus baby bonding leave and Milk Stork for traveling moms
- Baby Bonding Leave–an additional 16 paid weeks–to all new parents, including those who choose to adopt.
- Back-up child and adult / elder care programs to help everyone thrive
- WellBeats Virtual Fitness Trainer.
Company Core Values
- Be Yourself - We bring our full selves to work every day. Our diverse views, history, personality, character, and experiences are invaluable to TRI and Toyota.
- Respect One Another - We celebrate everyone’s differences, opinions, and perspective. We practice mutual respect and act with integrity.
- Assume Best Intentions - People are good. We trust and give them the benefit of the doubt. We assume they act the way they do because they believe it’s best for TRI.
- Think Globally - We don’t work or think in silos. Our work impacts people within TRI, Toyota, and our communities around the world. We always make it about collaboration.
- Make it Happen - We are proactive, not reactive. We push boundaries because we’re not afraid to fail. We succeed together.
- Embrace Diversity - We believe diversity makes us stronger, including diversity of ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, personality, skills, experiences, and knowledge.
- Always Learn - We believe in constant improvement and advancement of ideas and beliefs. We embrace Hansei and Kaizen. We are on a journey to explore, experiment, and learn together.