Discretionary Business Development Representative
Posted on 7/29/2022
Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Sales hunter
- At least 1 year of experience in selling or generating demand for enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Determination & relishes the chase
- Self-motivation and steadfast in pursuit of creating their own success
- To be at the top of the leaderboard & hates to lose
- High energy and contagious optimism
- A tendency to lead conversations & is assertive with next steps
- Adaptability and thrives on environments where they can grow
- Confidence in handling of objections and conflict
- Logic-based problem solving
- Task prioritization, discipline, and accountability
- A passion for research, data, and analysis that drives action
- Keen situational awareness within a team environment
- An ability to analyze business data to tell a compelling and actionable story
- Excellent presentation skills and clear communication
- An instinct to Google a solution to a new problem
- A strong executive presence, with polish and dedication to customer outcomes
- Create pipeline for your accounts using demand generation and prospecting tools
- Find new opportunities and quickly develop rapport with new clients
- Explore & identify new opportunities in new accounts and/or buying centers
- Research and present business intelligence about customers and prospects
- Generate business opportunities through professional networking and cold-calling
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.