Are you ready to make an impact?
West Monroe is seeking a Manager with prior experience in and a strong passion for the Software & High-Tech industry to join our New York City office. Our office serves an array of interesting and exciting Software & High-Tech, Private Equity, and Corporate Strategic clients across the nation.
As a Manager, you will serve Software & High-Tech clients and Private Equity investors with a focus on software, TMT, and tech-enabled services businesses. Engagements range across growth strategy, technology innovation, operational improvement, diligence, and merger integrations / carve-outs.
In addition to client delivery, you will have the opportunity to assist with business development (hunting new clients and building relationship with existing), along with contributing to internal practice development leadership. Managers within West Monroe have three main responsibilities:
- Manage teams serving Software & High-Tech and Private Equity clients while demonstrating advisory capabilities with high level client counterparts such as C-level executives, Business Unit GMs, and Private Equity Deal and Operating Partners
- Contribute to fast-paced due diligence engagements for Private Equity and Corporate Strategic clients investing in Software & High-Tech, with an ability to evaluate the market opportunity, product technology, operating model, and their effects on margins, revenue, and growth risks.
- Play a key role in complex transactions within the Software & High-Tech sector (e.g., post-merger integration, carve-out/divestitures, operating model transformation) focused on initiatives such as product strategy, target operating model development, post-sales operations and retention improvement, and transaction program advisory.
- Execute strategy and operations improvement engagements for Software & High-Tech companies.
- Build data-driven methodologies and assets for evaluating Software & High-Tech businesses and manage related internal initiatives
- Enhance analysis and presentation frameworks used in Software & High-Tech advisory
- Collaborate with a team of Software & High-Tech industry, technology and operational consulting teams to develop and enhance delivery capabilities across West Monroe’s practice areas
- Actively participate in the performance management process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Assist with company campus and experienced recruiting
- Support opportunities to provide prospects and clients with advisory services for Software & High-Tech businesses and Private Equity Investors; collaborate with practice partners to support these opportunities
- Understand client investment needs/constraints and help tailor proposals appropriately to meet their needs
- Develop go-to-market messaging and sales materials to support business development for prospects and clients
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for potential engagements
- Actively participate in Software / Technology and M&A industry events
- Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Minimum of 7+ years of work experience including at least one of the following:
- Team-based, client-facing management, technology, or strategy consulting to Software and/or high-tech clients
- Operational role within the Software & High-Tech sector
- M&A experience at strategic acquirer
- Experienced in specific Software & High-Tech sub-sectors (e.g. FinTech, Healthcare IT, Marketing Tech, etc.) preferred, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of go-to-market practices in a technology business, e.g., sales effectiveness, pricing, sales operations, etc.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing client relationships
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality assurance experience
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with C-level clients
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
Based on pay transparency guidelines, the salary range for this role can vary based on your proximity to one of our West Monroe offices (see table below). Information on our competitive total rewards package, including our bonus structure and benefits is here. Individual salaries are determined by evaluating a variety of factors including geography, experience, skills, education, and internal equity.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, purchase shares from our employee stock ownership program and be eligible to receive annual bonuses. Employees will also receive unlimited flexible time off and ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Ten weeks of paid parental leave will also be available for use after successful completion of one year of employment.
Seattle or Washington, D.C.
New York City or San Francisco
A location not listed above
West Monroe is a digital services firm that partners with companies in transformative industries to deliver quantifiable financial value. We believe that digital is a mindset and it’s something companies become, not something they do. We bring together diverse, multidisciplinary teams that use their expertise to develop and execute new ideas and ways of working.
At West Monroe, we invest in our people and care in a big way. We are growing the next generation of leaders who lead with inclusion, enabling us to address our clients’ most complex challenges. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll feel supported, our team will help you grow. We believe that growth breeds opportunity for all. And know that when we come together, we can do what’s never been done.
Our fast-paced culture and collaborative teams bring the energy and expertise needed to make an impact and deliver beyond expectations. If you are ready to set big goals with us, join us on our journey of building what matters for our clients, our people, and our communities.
West Monroeis an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.