Global Compensation Director
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- Public company experience required plus 8+ years of HR and/or Total Rewards experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Total Rewards or Finance leader roles
- Proven ability to evaluate, design and recommend compensation programs based on market assessment and business strategy preferably for a software/technology company
- Strong knowledge of Workday Advanced Compensation
- Success in simplifying and articulating complex strategies and plans to executive management and peers
- Demonstrable experience understanding the diverse needs of geographic markets and different employee segments; a systems-wide thinker that understands how decisions made within one organization may affect others across the business
- Demonstrated ability to influence different levels of stakeholders and thrives in working with cross-functional teams
- Evaluate, design, propose, implement, and communicate compensation strategy, programs, policies, and initiatives that competitively position Coursera to attract, retain and empower talent and align with the goals and values of the organization
- Accountable for all compensation and recognition offerings and processes at Coursera (Design, Implementation, Administration and Monitoring)
- Partner with Business and Talent Leaders, CPO and the Compensation Committee to define and implement a compelling compensation strategy
- Coordinate and improve compensation processes across the organization (e.g., annual compensation reviews, annual compensation plan creation) as well as design and guide repeatable practices for job evaluations, market comparison data, pay decisions and governance
- Regularly benchmark activities across all areas of Total Rewards (incentive programs, equity, base compensation, relocation services & packages, etc.) to continuously improve our competitiveness; Provide regular compensation analytics using internal and external tools, to ensure pay parity and market competitiveness
- Develop strong relationships with key members of the Talent, Finance, Revenue, and Operations teams to align our strategies with business priorities; Manage relationships and projects with key external partners, such as compensation consultants and third-party tools and platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated leadership presence, able to provide recommendations to scale and simplify
- Adept at working at the Board of Director/Compensation Committee level
- Leader with a 'roll up the sleeves' style, excellent attention to detail and proven management skills to build a high-performing team with the same attention to detail
- Excellent strategic, analytical and financial skills and a can-do attitude
- A deep understanding of the current market including staying ahead of industry-standard methodologies and future trends of both comp and benefits
- Experience with people management a plus
Online education company
Coursera’s mission is to provide quality learning experience to anyone, anywhere. The company is building a global online learning platform that offers on-demand online courses and degrees.
- Lifelong learning - Coursera covers the cost of tuition so you can earn a free master’s degree and develop new skills. That’s on top of free, lifelong access to courses and certificates on the platform.
- Health and wellness - We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents. Plus, free access to counseling and mental health services.
- Parental leave - Get up to 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave when you grow your family and bring a new child into your life.
- Make-a-thon - We host Make-a-thon events twice a year to promote community and innovation. During Make-a-thon, you’ll dedicate time to attend workshops, work on passion projects, and pursue ideas outside of your day-to-day work.
- Time away - Take paid time off when you need it. We have time off policies that promote flexibility so you can tailor your work schedule when life calls.
- Remote work - Our flexibility extends to where you work. You can choose to work from home, work from one of our offices, or try a combination of the two.
- Equity - Employees earn company stock, so you can own what we build together and share in our success.