Engineering Manager, Editor
Posted on 6/1/2022
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Has an innate desire to help engineers learn new skills and advance on their career path
- Demonstrates a strong track record of building and leading productive engineering teams
- Is deeply technical but derives satisfaction from helping the team accomplish audacious goals
- Has the ability to systematically break ambiguous problems down and build an execution plan
- Shows strong technical judgment on engineering architecture and product decisions
- Will put the user first when reasoning about trade-offs
- Leads by example and sets the right context for decisions
- Is passionate about helping millions of users across the world communicate more effectively, every day
- Cares deeply about the work but also about how that work is accomplished
- Thrives in environments where you have to make decisions with incomplete information but can change course when presented with new data
- Is curious and has a learning mindset
- Empower the Engineering team to achieve a high level of reliability, simplicity, and productivity
- Mentor engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Help drive engineering-wide initiatives with the rest of the engineering management team
- Continue scaling a highly specialized Engineering team
- Be an effective people manager and a strong advocate for the team
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.