Backend Engineer, Fraud
Posted on 2/1/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- You have 2+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- You have an excitement for learning new things and for working with a variety of technologies in order to ship reliable code quickly
- You have excellent communication skills to facilitate requirements gathering, decision-making, and knowledge sharing
- You can collaborate cross-functionally. You will be working with product managers, data scientists, adjacent engineering teams, and operations teams
- You have experience working in Python, Java and/or a similar general purpose language
- You have a strong understanding of web servers and API design frameworks
- You are proficient at writing well-optimized MySql database queries and can model data
- You have experience shipping code quickly using CI/CD
- You have a desire to write clean, easy-to-read code with a strong attention to detail
- Design, build, deploy, and support engineering solutions to manage and fight fraud. You'll contribute to projects from the initial design process all the way to deployment
- Collaborate with product, fraud operations, data science, payments and compliance to engineer ways to combat fraud
- Integrate internal machine learning models and third-party APIs to develop robust fraud detection applications
- Develop internal tools for fraud operations to effectively manage manual processes
- Contribute at a global scale at a fast-moving, fast-growing company
Creator-founded membership platform
Patreon's mission at Patreon is simple: they want to fund the creative class. They want to get as many creators paid as possible, so they can enjoy sustainable income, retain creative control of their work, and keep a direct connection to their audience.
- Competitive Pay & Equity - Our company was built on the idea of value for value. To get the best on board, we provide competitive base salaries, stock options, and a 401k program.
- The Bells and Whistles - As they say, it’s the little things: commuter stipend, computer gear, standing desks, a learning stipend for your professional development and a monthly patronage stipend.
- Health Coverage - We offer incredible healthcare options for you and your loved ones (including dental, vision and mental health), as well as snacks and a daily catered lunch.
- Balance & Wellness - We offer a gym stipend (or Fitness SF membership), as well as unlimited vacation and sick leave.
Company Core Values
- Build with care
- Think big, but start small
- Guide & empower
- Respect the value of creators’ work
- Honor the relationship between creators and patrons.