Senior Product Manager
Posted on 2/1/2023
British Columbia, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 5+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Product Owner, Technical Business Analyst, Requirements Manager, Product Manager, or related position
- Experience working with clients to elicit and define requirements for multiple platforms: iOS, Android, Web, Backend technologies, etc
- Ability to quickly spin up on any technology and understand constraints and platform-specific risks
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills, with proficiency in using user stories, acceptance criteria, requirements documentation methods, flow diagrams, and API documentation
- Ability to size solutions based on project constraints, i.e. time/scope/budget
- Working knowledge of frontend and backend technologies (i.e. web/native apps, APIs, databases)
- Expertise in identifying gaps and unknowns in requirements and facilitating resolution
- An understanding of and deep appreciation for the topic of user experience (UX) and a drive to stay up-to-date with the continually evolving landscape
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Committed to being a trusted leader and mentor
- Experience as a leader in creating a safe environment where all ideas are welcomed and considered
- Build strong relationships with client stakeholders and lead client discussions around product vision and user objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to iteratively build solutions that are in line with time and budget constraints
- Facilitate conversations and provide recommendations for scope management and feature prioritization
- Run or assist in client journey mapping, user story mapping, and other product-oriented workshops
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders and manage complex requirement backlogs that consider multiple platforms
- Collaborate with product designers and engineers to create best-in-class user experiences that are feasible and within technical constraints
- Lead technical discussions with engineers to help define system architecture and data flows in order to guide feature development
- Provide meaningful contributions to the promotion of best practices, skills development, and process improvement
- Help drive improvement and development of the Product Architecture discipline
- Help your team understand changing priorities and carry out new goals
- Embody a growth mindset and apply it in your leadership style
- Manage and mentor new Product Architects
- Agency and/or consulting experience with a variety of clients and industries
- An understanding of the differences in capabilities across iOS, Android, Web, and TV platforms
- Experience with product research and strategy
- Knowledge of UI/UX platforms and design thinking
- Certified ScrumMaster and/or Certified Scrum Product Owner
Mobile innovation agency
WillowTree wants to create beautiful digital products engineered to drive growth for the world's leading brands.
Company Core Values
- Craft - We aim for excellence, and our love for what we do compels us to reach a higher standard. You can be proud of the work you do here.
- Ownership - We have a strong sense of individual responsibility. Every initiative has an owner, from major product strategy to curating which kombucha is on tap.
- Open communication - We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. We champion the best ideas, no matter where they originate.
- Inclusion - We treat each other with consideration and respect, and we celebrate our differences with tolerance and inclusion. You know, the way we want to be treated.
- Sustainable flow - The state of mind when time flies and energy is focused. We make time for it every day so we can create innovative solutions that people love.
- Realistic optimism - We acknowledge and understand the reality of the challenges we face, and we always find a way forward.
- Partnership - Working side by side, we build meaningful connections with each other and our clients.