Supercomputing Board Architect
Posted on 4/7/2022
Marlborough, MA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • San Jose, CA, USA • Hillsboro, OR...
- An innovative mindset to produce architectural ideas, conducting, and/or leading research tasks from incubation, and planning to completion
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills for preparing data, giving presentations and/or providing written reports to large groups or customers
- Motivated, self-directed, and capable to work effectively both independently and as part of a globally distributed team
- Solid interpersonal and influencing capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Hardware and Software development, or any other directly related discipline and 7+ years of experience
- Expert at physical system- and rack-level constraints in HPC and AI environments
- Good understanding of system architecture
- Experience with system management, telemetry, and test methodologies
- Developing board hardware innovations and specifications supporting new systems and platforms
- Having successfully developed large, complex board reference designs used in productized platforms
- Being familiar with Open compute Program (OCP) specifications and requirements
- Defining the board topology and arrangements supporting various architecture specifications of the next-generation supercomputing platforms
- Influencing the shaping of future Intel products by significantly contributing to the architecture used across multiple design families
- Understanding features from existing documentation and discussions with technical leaders across all aspects of system hardware and software
- Solid understanding of power and thermo-mechanical technologies at the board level
- Partnering with engineering and validation teams to enable developing and delivering board designs for these platforms
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Hardware and Software Development or any other directly related discipline and 3+ years of experience
- Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Hardware and Software Development or any other directly related discipline and 5+ years of experience
- Architectural knowledge of supercomputing system architectures
- Understanding system memory standards and protocols, DDR4/5, LPDDR4/5, HBM2/3, is a plus
- Familiar with networking concepts like Ethernet and high-end fabrics (InfiniBand, Slingshot, BXI)
Computer chip manufacturer
Intel's mission is to create world-changing technology that improves the life of every person on the planet. The company is the world's largest manufacturer by revenue of semiconductor chips for computing.
- We Invest in Your Life and Career: Intel offers a complete and competitive package of benefits1 that demonstrates how much we care for employees and their families through every stage of life.
- Great Minds Deserve Great Rewards: We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs.
- Intel Fuels Career Acceleration: Curiosity drives us to change the world. We provide employees opportunities to expand their knowledge, leadership abilities, and skill set.
- Vacation, Holidays, and More: We offer opportunities for employees to refresh and recharge—from paid vacation time and holidays to flexible time off programs.
- Health Benefits for the Whole You: We provide multiple benefits and resources to help employees take care of themselves and their families.
- Customer First
- Fearless Innovation
- Results Driven
- One Intel
- Quality and Integrity