Senior Data Scientist, Economy Analytics
Posted on 2/2/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA • Remote • Chicago, IL, USA
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science or Analytics function in a tech consumer company
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages preferred (e.g., R / Python)
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems. Experience with monetizing consumer products or paid digital goods preferred
- Demonstrated ability to ideate data research, distill insights into strong product recommendations and lead A/B tests to test the data-led hypotheses
- Experience creating and owning reports in visualization tools (Mode, Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc)
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Partner with Eng and Product to define and execute roadmap and initiatives
- Define team metrics and goals and make them easily available through ETLs (extract/transform/load) and reporting dashboards
- Communicate findings and co-design strategy with the most senior leaders in our organization
- Lead proactive exploratory data analysis, distill data insights into strong product recommendations and own the A/B tests in order to ideate new opportunities
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.