The Data Science team builds production machine learning models that are the core of Signifyd’s product.
We help businesses of all sizes minimize their fraud exposure and grow their sales. We also improve the e-commerce shopping experience for individuals by reducing the number of folks’ orders that are incorrectly declined and by making account hijacking less profitable for criminals.
The team has end-to-end ownership of our decisioning engine, from research and development to online performance and risk management.
We value collaboration and team ownership -- no one should feel they’re solving a hard problem alone.
Together we help each other develop our skills through peer review of experiments and code, group paper study to deepen our ML and stats understanding, and frequent knowledge-sharing through live demos, write-ups, and special cross-team projects.
The Data Science and Engineering teams at Signifyd have always had a strong contingent of remote folks, individual contributors and team leads. The challenges of working remotely aren’t new to us and we strive to iteratively improve our remote culture.
How you’ll have an impact:
- Build production machine learning models that identify fraud
- Write production and offline analytical code in Python
- Work with distributed data pipelines
- Communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Collaborate with engineering teams to strengthen our machine learning platform
Past experience you’ll need:
- A degree in computer science or a comparable analytical field
- 4+ years of post-undergrad work experience required
- Building production ML models
- Using visualizations to communicate analytical results to members outside your team
- Hands-on statistical analysis with a solid fundamental understanding
- Writing code and reviewing others’ in a shared codebase, preferably in Python
- Practical SQL knowledge
- Designing experiments and collecting data
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous work in fraud, payments, or e-commerce
- Data analysis in a distributed environment
- Passion for writing well-tested production-grade code
- A Master’s Degree or PhD
Check out howData Science is powering the new era of Ecommerce
Check out our Director of Data Science featured inBuilt In
The annual US base salary range for this role is $123,250 - $184,000 plus bonus, equity, and benefits.
Our posted job may span more than one career level, and offered level and salary will be determined by the applicant’s specific experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Benefits in our US offices:
- 4-day workweek
- Discretionary Time Off Policy (Unlimited!)
- BetterHelp Online Therapy Membership
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
- 401K Match
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Social Events
- Signifyd Swag