Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- You have deep experience designing for web and mobile
- You have experience working on a small design team and "doing it all"
- You enjoy going deep on both UX and UI work
- You're a clear communicator and enjoy working closely with partners across teams, particularly in engineering
- You've invested in your craft and have experience with prototyping, micro-interactions, utilizing motion, and creating design palettes
- An ideal candidate will additionally have experience designing a consumer/content-forward app, audio and speaking experiences, as well as have a personal interest in language learning
- Work with teams across product, design, and engineering to prioritize and spec out new features to build
- Work directly with engineering to ensure a feature gets built, balancing your vision, technical feasibility, and user value
- Design new features all the way from concept to finalized pixels
- Design the UX and UI of new features across platforms, developing and implementing a consistent design language
- Take focused ownership of designing our AI tutoring product, rethinking the way our users learn language from the ground up
- Help support miscellaneous design work across the company as needed
- Join a fantastic, tight-knit team at the right time: we're growing super quickly, we just raised our Series B from some of the top investors in the valley, and we've achieved product-market fit. You'd join at a magical time when a single person could significantly change the course of the company
- Do your life's work with people you'll love working with: we care strongly about our craft and want every person at Speak to feel like they're growing every day. We believe in the idea that working with people you both enjoy and have respect for makes everything better. We hire thoughtfully and only work with people we admire deeply
- Global in nature: We're live in South Korea and Japan, and launching in a number of new markets soon. We have dedicated offices in San Francisco, Ljubljana, and Seoul, and you'll have the opportunity to talk to users in each of these regions on a regular basis as well as travel
- Impact people's lives in a major way: Learning a language is one of the single most life-changing skills one can learn and right now 99% of people never achieve their goal because the process is broken. We're helping millions of people achieve their goals and improve their lives
AI English tutoring software
Speak is on a mission to teach the next billion people English and become the de facto way people learn languages. Speak is creating an AI-powered experience that replicates the flow of a conversation, without needing a human on the other end.
- Standard tech startup benefits
- Stipends for commuting, fitness, & learning
- Annual company offsite.