Principal Product Designer
Posted on 10/26/2022
- 5+ years of related experience in Product Design or equivalent. Had experience building consumer digital products in strong partnership with product management and engineering
- At least 2+ years of experience mentoring, supervising, or managing designers
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and design thinking
- Ability to set the direction for a product to be executed through clear and impactful strategies
- A well-versed storyteller with strong presentation skills
- Experienced in mobile design
- Experienced in marketplace and consumer products
- Both a teacher and student to your peers in the product design team. Help the product design team as a whole continue to improve. Help facilitate and maintain our team dynamic: open, encouraging, and productive
- You lead with empathy
- Passionate about start-up and entrepreneurship. Adaptable and flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and the grit to turn uncertainty into action
- Self-awareness, a growth mindset, and strong proactivity and leadership
- Resilience - By remaining resilient and adaptable, we grow stronger as individuals and as an organization
- Accountability - We operate with an ownership mentality where everyone feels a sense of responsibility to make us better and always act in the best interest of JobGet
- Speed - We make decisions fast and execute them even faster. Bias for speed is one of our core strengths and a key advantage over our competitors
- Respect - We treat each other with mutual respect, kindness, and celebrate our differences
- Learning - We ask questions and seek to understand by being genuinely curious & communicative
- Culture - We believe that each of us is responsible for our culture. It requires self-discipline and the drive to contribute to something greater than ourselves
- Lead and mentor the Product Design team at JobGet
- Establish JobGets product design strategy
- Implement & educate teams on the human-centered innovation process
- Partner with product leaders and stakeholders to define product design opportunities
- Lead user research to inform the product development process
- Advise on the best user research practices and methodologies, and conduct research with the team
- Lead design operations, implementing scalable design systems, best practices and evolving the collaboration process with other teams
- Craft engaging end-to-end customer experience for all JobGet products
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and other teams to build, measure, learn, and iterate
- Have shipped successful consumer products with a significant impact on the user experience and business. 0-1 experience is a plus
Social platform for jobs
JobGet’s mission is to reshape the employment landscape for both employers and professionals to be instantly accessible and human. JobGet designed a marketplace where employers and job seekers can instantly message each other, schedule meetings, or even video interview within a matter of minutes.
- 🎒 Health and wellbeing: JobGet offers health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 🌴 Time off: We want people to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. JobGet offers flexible paid time off for all employees, no matter where you are in the 🌍.
- 💸 401K: JobGet helps make it easy to save money for retirement with our 401k plan through Human Interest.
- 🐣 Parental leave: JobGet’s Parental Leave offers 12 weeks of fully paid leave.
- 📈 Options: Stock options at a fast-growing startup.
- 💻 Tools: You’ll receive all equipment including a laptop, monitor, and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
- 🏠 Remote-first: Our remote-first work environment allows you to work from anywhere.
- 💙 Mission-driven: Join a purpose-driven startup with high employee happiness & belonging ratings.
Company Core Values