Observable helps everyone make sense of the world with data.
Observable is the collaborative data canvas, built for and powered by community.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will help start relationships with decision makers across our key accounts. In this role, you will bring your research, outreach and communication skills to get in front of key decision makers across our ideal customer profiles and set up conversations with our Account Executives. You will work with AE and the Sales Leadership team to help qualify opportunities and help prospective customers journey from early interest to enterprise wide deployments.
What You Will Do
- Identify, research and prioritize decision makers across Observable core verticals and profiles.
- Get in front of prospects with an omni channel approach (social, email, calls, meetups, community, whatever it takes).
- Execute the proper volume and cadence of activity to support an effective pipeline.
- Work with your manager to understand how your personal pipeline converts to manage the opportunity numbers.
- Educate the target market about Observable’s unique approach to browser-based data collaboration.
- Qualify the opportunity and schedule a call for an Account Executive.
- Execute a follow up cadence to confirm the meeting through to completion.
- Leverage your understanding of our product, the market and the use case to present the strongest case for Observable.
- Own CRM hygiene to maintain clear records of the evolution of prospect relationships.
- Partner with an AE and Sales Leadership to support the prospective customers in the journey from the first touch to an Enterprise account.
What You Will Bring
- 2+ years of prospecting and closing experience in the Saas, Data/BI/Analytics or related space.
- A penchant for persistent, human touch that empathizes with our audiences and helps them navigate technological complexity.
- An ability to use a sales technology stack, methodically plan and execute your day, week and month to achieve quota.
- Clear, concise and compelling communication style. You can tell a good story, back it up with numbers and paint a vision that builds credibility with senior executives.
- The audacity to ask challenging questions in a way that helps executives think differently.
- Your curiosity about making any team or business better with a collaborative approach to data visualization.
- Your unique personal style that signals authenticity to your business partners and draws on your strengths.
Join our team!
We’re visualization enthusiasts. We’re chart connoisseurs. We’re open source developers. We’re map geeks, spreadsheet lovers, and color palette fiends. We love helping people understand the world better and we want you to join us in helping the world make sense of data.
We want to share our love of software by making programming easier to learn, by making data easier to explore and analyze, by making visualizations easier to sketch, and by helping people help each other.
Observable is built on open source
, including React, Node.js
, and PostgreSQL, as well as a number of our own open source libraries
. We care deeply about user-centered design, from programming language and syntax design, to API construction, to the graphical user interface, to the final pass of visual polish.
We are looking for people who are compassionate advocates for data practitioners and have the audacity to tackle some of development’s greatest challenges. We are hiring for multiple positions
Thank you for your interest! 🙏 We can’t wait to hear from you.