Data Center Operations Engineer
Posted on 3/18/2022
Ashburn, VA, USA
- Experienced: You have been working in a fast paced Data Center Infrastructure environment for at least 3 years. Extensive experience in installing, monitoring, and maintaining data center equipment. This includes brand new deployments. Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python or Ruby. Experienced in Linux, Unix, and Windows Operating Systems
- A troubleshooting connoisseur: You come ready for action wielding a wealth of server and network hardware troubleshooting support; across a wide range of commercial-off-the-shelf hardware brands. Additionally, you have in-depth knowledge of data center environments, servers, and network equipment
- Self-organized: You're excited about getting in front of complex problems, effectively organizing your work to get the job done by any means possible; overcoming emergent high-impact issues and contributing to long-running projects comes naturally to you. You are also driven to complete tasks. Able to act on a well-defined task with manager support
- Problem Solver: You ask the right questions to solve issues within your expertise and you use data to test your theories. You are able to formulate and identify problems, generate and evaluate a variety of solutions (some of which are novel), and implement the best one(s)
- Installer: You have installed various equipment that commonly resides in the data center environment. Able to lift up to 75 pounds on some occasions
- Develop and maintain the Data Center and hardware infrastructure solutions to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform to ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world. This includes all aspects of the server and network infrastructure
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from re-occurring via root cause analysis and giving recommendations to improve automation. This would include break/fix tasks related to the hardware and network infrastructure
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure the goal of scalability and high availability can be achieved
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our critical infrastructure
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done