Director, Internal Communications
Posted on 5/27/2022
Eden Prairie, MN, USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Minimum of 10-12 years in internal or employee communications at large, multinational organization(s)
- Experience communicating to distributed employee populations (field, direct labor) desired but not required
- Comfortable working alongside senior executives and providing in-the-moment counsel related to your area of expertise
- Capable of achieving results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines
- Strong writing capabilities, attention to detail and ability to multi-task, prioritizing and successfully handling communications within a complex and dynamic environment
- Confident communicator. Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills including company-wide emails, social content, and internal presentations
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment; flexible in meeting deadlines and urgent requests
- Ability to prioritize between numerous high-profile projects and responsibilities
- Develop and implement an internal communications program that is both effective and highly strategic, with focuses on employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, culture, and purpose, along with opportunities to celebrate success, educate teams, and share business news internally
- Drive the creation of employee-facing communications that effectively communicate Shutterfly's culture, align with the Human Resources team's strategies and objectives, and continually inspire our employees
- Serve as advisor to C-Suite and Human Resources leadership on messaging and internal communications opportunities
- Oversee operational communications for large seasonal and field-based organization across the US and Canada
- Develop and implement formal and informal tools that provide a “pulse” on how employees are feeling and doing and that aid in measuring the success of internal communications
- Leverage both traditional and non-traditional communications channels to capture employees' attention while also informing and engaging them
- Write and develop content tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., emails, scripts, talking points, etc.) and manage the process to deliver on all aspects of content development (e.g., research, interaction with cross-functional teams, approvals, etc.)
- Partner with internal event teams to execute company meetings as needed
Shutterfly's purpose is to share life's joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading retailer and manufacturing platform for personalized products. By helping to capture, preserve and share life's joy, we connect people to what matters.
- Health and wellness - Our broad wellness programs are designed to help you and your family stay healthy, and help you take care of yourselves when you're not. Through extensive health and insurance options, you can make the choice that's right for you. Enrolled employees enjoy discounts on gym memberships and weight loss programs to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. With our Meal Takeout benefit, any employee on medical leave can be reimbursed up to $300 for meals.
- Financial rewards - Shutterfly, Inc. is comprised of hardworking, performance-oriented people. That's why we recognize and reward employee's contributions and achievements. Starting with competitive salaries, we help drive our high performance by offering opportunities for merit increases, bonus payouts, and stock ownership. We also provide safety nets for your financial security through traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement plans.
- Family first - Taking time off to rest, relax and rejuvenate is important. Non-Exempt employees accrue Paid Time off (PTO), which combines vacation and sick time together so you have more control over when and how to spend time off. Exempt employees are eligible for Discretionary Time Off (DTO), which allows you to take time off as needed.
- Employee discounts - As Shutterfly, Inc. employees, we experience the power of our brands every day and are in the best position to be an advocate for our amazing products and services. Every six months, we give each employee unique discount codes worth over $2,500 in free merchandise and huge discounts products across our entire family of brands. Your gift-giving for every occasion just got way easier.
- Celebrations - Our mission is to help customers celebrate and share life's joy. We balance hard work and play to foster team building and strengthen our connections to each other. We host a Family Photo Day where all of our employees and their families can get a professional photo taken for free along with other activities. From holiday parties, to summer celebrations, to team offsites, we have a great time and enjoy creating memories together.
- The little things - Our break rooms are stocked with complimentary goodies such as gourmet coffees, sodas, sparkling water, and more (offerings vary by location). We also provide free healthy snacks such as fresh fruits, trail mix, cereals, pretzels and nuts. Commuters can be reimbursed for mass transit costs or participate in carpool programs, depending on location. We also provide several onsite services, such as drycleaning and car detailing.
- We make a difference
- We are warm, inclusive, and collaborative
- We believe in people
- We drive growth through innovation
- We inspire customers
- We cultivate long-term customer relationships
- We act as owners
- We debate important decisions, then fully commit
- We invest for the long-term while delivering results today