Software Engineer Intern
Posted on 9/23/2022
Remote in USA
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the US or Canada) & must be returning to school after internship
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks
- Extraordinary talent in software engineering. Ability to write high quality object oriented code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of development, standard processes and experience working in a team
- Ability to explore complex problems spaces objectively from multiple points of view
- General familiarity with some of the technologies we use:
- HTTP, REST and web API standard processes
- Python, Java/Spring
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL, relational databases and key-value stores
- Messaging/queuing and transaction log frameworks
- Specific knowledge of Java, Python are a plus
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and team members on your project
- Document software functionality, system design, and project plans; this includes clean, readable code with comments
- Learn and demonstrate engineering standard processes and principles
- Produce a retrospective and demonstrate your summer project to an internal audience
- Linux proficiency, basic shell scripting and a proven grasp of systems level programming is a plus
- Specific experience in or knowledge of financial data systems is a plus
Wealth management platform for investors & advisors
Addepar's mission is to create a more transparent financial system. The company provides wealth managers with real-time portfolio reporting and insights required to make and implement better investment decisions. By helping people achieve the best possible outcomes, Addepar aims to get more assets flowing into more impactful investments and ideas, benefiting our society as a whole.
- Equity: Stretch the idea of ownership beyond your day-to-day and take pride in being an owner in the growth of Addepar
- Global Hybrid Workforce: Whether you work remotely or on-site, you’ll have the opportunity to build and collaborate with colleagues around the world
- Flexible Time Off: Spend time traveling, celebrating with friends and family or relax on your schedule
- Benefits Packages: Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits along with a monthly wellness allowance to keep you healthy and happy
- Learning & Development Allowance: Your continued growth and development are important to us
- Dynamic Team: Strong investment in the best talent at the intersection of technology and finance
- Act Like an Owner: Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together: Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients: Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation: Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning: Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.