Data, Satellites & Payloads
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Redmond, WA, USA • West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, physics, mathematics, or a STEM discipline
- 2+ years of professional, or educational/intern experience in analytics, data science, or data engineering
- Development experience with C++ and SQL
- Development or scripting experience with Python, Spark or R
- Experience building predictive models and machine learning pipelines (clustering analysis, prediction, anomaly detection)
- Experience in developing analysis techniques for data fusion or sensor fusion applications
- Experience working with in-stream data processing of structured and semi-structured data
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, data lakes e.g. HBase, Hive, Delta Lake, PostgreSQL, CockroachDB or similar
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience working in a Linux environment, and open source tools
- Experience handling large (TB+) datasets
- Active US security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Demonstrated ability to own projects from start to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- See your software through from start to finish: from figuring out the core needs to prototyping, developing, and testing; to deployment and beyond
- Building automated ground-based software systems that integrate smart data processing with command and control of the satellites
- Apply data analytics, models, and techniques to data products created by space vehicles
- Create catalogs of data and tools that can be used by you and other teams to perform analytics
- Define and create methods and datasets for fusion from multiple sources to create usable information and metrics
- Bring machine learning into our toolkit: ML models to optimize constellation-level management and planning operations
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.