L5, Systems Test Enablement
Posted on 2/9/2024
Subscription streaming entertainment service
Netflix's mission is to entertain the world. The company operates a streaming platform for movies & TV shows and has over 222 million subscribers globally.
Los Gatos, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 4%
2 year growth↑ 1%
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Data & Analytics
- Experience with supporting AB tests at scale
- Strong statistical intuition and applied experience in consumer-facing products
- Expertise in SQL and statistical programming (Python and/or R)
- Exceptional communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work with minimal oversight
- Build connections with stakeholders and support them with tools for designing, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Partner with other data scientists and the Experimentation Platform organization to design and build scalable, self-serve experimentation tooling
- Develop experimentation and measurement frameworks to increase investment velocity and aid complex decision-making
- Advocate for education through documentation and responsiveness to user needs
- Share work proactively and seek feedback to refine approach
- Experience with analysis of recommender system performance
Netflix is one of the world’s leading entertainment services with over 260 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
Member Product DSE plays a critical role in enabling product innovation across TV, Mobile & Web. Just as we want the Netflix user experience on all of these platforms to be great, we want our partners in Product and Engineering to have a great experience when testing out new features. We aim to make running and analyzing experiments frictionless, efficient, and self-directed while still delivering deep insights.
We strive to make AB testing routine and simple, and we are looking for a Data Scientist who can think about scale and enablement first. You’ll work with engineers, other data scientists, and our Experimentation Platform partners to identify and deliver improvements across the lifecycle of AB tests.
In this role, you will:
- Build connections with stakeholders by embedding in their domain and supporting them with the tools to allow them to design, execute and analyze experiments.
- Partner with other data scientists on the team, and with the Experimentation Platform organization, to design and build scalable, self-serve experimentation tooling to meet product development needs.
- Develop experimentation and measurement frameworks to increase the velocity of investments and aid complex decision-making.
- Advocate for education through great documentation and responsiveness to user needs.
- Share your work proactively and consistently seek feedback to refine your approach.
Visit our Research page to learn about what it’s like to work on Analytics at Netflix.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Experience with supporting AB tests at scale to drive product development.
- Strong statistical intuition and applied experience solving problems in consumer-facing products. Experience with analysis of recommender system performance a plus.
- Passion for developing and streamlining reliable tools to deliver insights with a high degree of automation.
- Exceptional communication with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to thrive with minimal oversight and process.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $150,000 - $750,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.