Senior Commercial Counsel
Posted on 8/2/2022
London, UK • Remote • United Kingdom
- At least 5-8 years of relevant in-house commercial legal experience, ideally at an emerging growth and/or SaaS platform company focusing on technology transactions and supporting sales teams. Admission or equivalent and in good standing to practice law in your relevant jurisdiction
- A strong background in commercial negotiations, demonstrated through experience drafting agreements (including from scratch, i.e., not from existing templates), negotiating a range of agreement types and appropriately calibrating and mitigating risks in a business-minded manner
- A deep understanding of relevant legal issues related to a SaaS-based business, including global privacy and data protection requirements and applicable security principles
- Some experience handling (or a willingness and ability to learn about) other substantive areas that come across the Legal team's desks, including employment legal and real estate matters
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage numerous projects and deals simultaneously under competing deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to explain complex ideas in a succinct and digestible manner
- Function as a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance
- Ability to build relationships throughout all levels of the company and comfort working remotely with Legal colleagues and other key stakeholders based in the U.S. and other global offices
- Strong work ethic and team-player mindset (no task is too big or too small). Confident, yet humble, and motivated to take on challenges that are presented to you
- Someone with a keen business sense and practiced interpersonal skills, anticipating the needs of others (whether colleagues or customers) and working to create an environment of open and honest two-way communications
- Language skills in French and/or German a plus
Intercom's mission is to make internet business personal. Their vision at Intercom is to bring a Messenger-first, personal experience, to all customer and business communication.
- We reward our people - All full-time Intercom employees are offered a rewards program that includes competitive base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits.
- We love to learn - There are so many opportunities here to learn and build a career. We support employees' growth by offering a wide range of continuing education options, including core skills, management training, and guided learning.
- We take employee wellbeing seriously - We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, dental, and vision, as well as employee assistance programs and mental health resources. We also offer flexible time off, significant paid family leave, and more.
- The world has changed. So has the way we work - The majority of our employees say they prefer a hybrid model of work—some in-office time, some WFH—so that's our current approach. No matter what, though, we're committed to listening to our team.
- We’re optimistic and positive
- We think big and start small
- We obsess about our customers’ success
- We go further together
- We’re confident, yet humble
- We make every day count