Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Working on the Gallery Partnerships team presents a unique opportunity to not only help build an incredible online resource for the art world, but to also directly serve on the front lines of powering Artsy’s growth and business goals.
The Gallery Partnerships Team defines and pitches Artsy’s value proposition to galleries, driving subscription revenue to sustain Artsy’s vision of a future where everyone is moved by art every day.
The Sales Development Associate will focus full-time on generating new leads and scheduling meetings with gallery prospects who might be a fit for Artsy’s subscription services.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate outbound leads via cold calling and email campaigns
- Follow up on marketing generated leads and conduct research to evaluate partnership opportunity and fit
- Effectively communicate Artsy value proposition in sales outreach to galleries to generate interest in the Artsy platform
- Qualify warm leads for Sales Managers, and schedule product demonstrations with relevant prospects
- Test, measure, and improve outreach campaign effectiveness and end-to-end lead management
- Meet and exceed core KPIs: daily dials, meetings booked, and activations
Who You Are:We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- Interest in sales and being a part of a larger sales team
- Thrives on challenges and driven to exceed goals
- Has a growth mindset, learns quickly and is very curious
- Succeeds in a fast-paced, metric-driven role and team
- Compelling and persuasive communicator; comfortable managing communication and outreach across a large target client-base
- Strong time management skills
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience in the commercial art world
- You are located and authorized to work in New York City
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: our culture of trust and empowerment allows employees to take the time they need away from work while still excelling in their roles
- We are a global hybrid team: most employees work from home several days per week and come into our NYC, London, or Berlin offices flexibly based on team or role needs (in-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team’s creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
The base salary range for this role in New York City is $50,000-$60,000 annually. In addition, you will be eligible for the company’s commission plan, with an annual VC opportunity of $20,000 USD.
Artsy is committed to equitable compensation practices, and your offer will depend on the relevant experience and skillset you bring to the team.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.