Wispr is building a more natural way to interact with technology with neural interfaces. We’re building a team of world-class scientists, engineers, and product designers to make that a reality.
So far, we’ve raised 14.6M from top-tier VCs like NEA and 8VC. Our angels and advisors include Chester Chipperfield (product lead for the first Apple Watch), Ben Jones (COO, CTRL-Labs), Dave Gilboa (CEO, Warby Parker), and Jose Carmena (Berkeley professor; co-CEO iota). Our founders are Stanford alums and have previously sold a company and run a team at a deep tech startup with over 100M in funding.
We’re hiring in SF Bay Area / Remote.
We value engineers who like to build products that users love. It is rare to get the opportunity to build applications from first principles. If you enjoy working on personal projects and have shipped production software, this might be the perfect role for you.
As a part of our software team, you will work closely with the co-founders to architect the platform at the intersection of generative AI and a new kind of wearable. This will involve working across the stack, iterating quickly with user feedback, and building with the singular goal of creating the best-designed human-computer interaction.
Come join us and make magic happen.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Build a platform to integrate with other systems
- Use ChatGPT, Github Copilot, and other large language models as a basis for a new interface
- Build full-stack applications and iterate with users
- Build multi-device communication systems to let users interact seamlessly with multiple devices
- Setup best engineering practices for the software engineering team
Required Knowledge & Experience
- MS or BS in computer science or related engineering field
- 4+ years of hands-on engineering experience in software or data engineering
- Proficiency in Python, TypesScript, and/or Swift
- Shipped a product before
- Strong programming practices across the stack
- Organized, self-directed, collaborative
- Talking to users and iterating based on their feedback
Nice to have Knowledge & Experience
- Worked on large language models or trained NLP systems with large datasets
- Experience building platforms on top of which others can build applications
- Experience building applications with NLP / LLMs or doing NLP / LLM research
- Experience building voice assistants / chatbots
- Experience with React
- Experience with iOS development or React Native
• Design the next generation of personal computing in a creative, innovative, and collaborative environment.
• Work closely with a world-class team.
• Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best.
For full-time employees:
• Generous health, dental, and vision coverage
• Generous parental leave, unlimited PTO (we encourage taking days off!)
• 401k match
• Commuter benefits
• Relocation assistance
• Total compensation for this position may also include stock options and other potential future incentives
At Wispr, diversity is important to us.
At Wispr, we believe that true innovation starts with people from diverse backgrounds coming together, bridging ideas, and collaborating. Wispr is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.