Security Data Engineer
Posted on 3/30/2022
Austin, TX, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- (Preferred) 3+ years of experience in building and scale large data processing systems and services
- (Preferred) Experience with SIEM logging solutions (Splunk, Elastic, SumoLogic, Securonix, Chronicle)
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or a Development focused role
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Rust
- (Preferred) Experience with AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kafka and Kubernetes
- Experience with Big data technologies (Spark, HDFS, AWS EMR, etc)
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Design, build and maintain telemetry and observability related to security components (various logging platforms and eventing spanning various types of sources like endpoints (Mac, Windows, Linux), servers (Linux), Cloud (AWS and GCP), and SaaS applications
- Design, build, and scale security data warehouse for alerting and investigations including aggregation of data from various sources, correlating data across various sources, etc
- This platform is expected to scale to 100s of TBs
- Build a platform to enable Security Analysts to write high-quality detection rules, platform for investigation
- Build a platform to orchestrate remediation spanning various types of assets
- Lead security initiatives across the organization to close visibility gaps
- Assist the team in improving our incident response capabilities
- Represent Reddit's security program outside of the company at security conferences
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.