Lead Data Visualisation Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- You are an experienced data visualization developer who enjoys working collaboratively and wants the opportunity to lead a team of data visualization developers. You care deeply about the quality of your work and are thinking about how to improve both what you're doing and how the team works together. You're happy to adopt existing conventions of the codebase while having ideas for how it could evolve
- You also have experience as a team lead and are passionate about having an impact by enabling others to succeed and helping your coachees grow. You'll lead decisions on how to visualize data across many different visualization types. You'll be working on tools, not one-off graphics, so it's also important that you have the discipline to solve problems properly and an instinct for technical architecture. You'll also care about user-friendly interfaces and have an imagination for the countless ways users might make use of what you and the team are building
- You're a friendly colleague and you work well in a close-knit team. Importantly, you're excited by Flourish and the opportunity to make it better
- Build strong relationships with your coachees and help them grow and develop
- Laying the engineering foundations for the next generation of data visualization
- Working closely with product leadership to set and deliver on SMART goals
- Creating a culture of engineering and design excellence in the team by identifying areas of improvement and laying out a plan on how to do things better
- Individually contributing to the code base, creating new visualizations, and improving the overall code health
Online design and publishing tool
Canva is on a mission to empower everyone in the world to design anything and publish anywhere.
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year. The rest, you choose where you work best.
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
Company Core Values
- Make complex things simple
- Set crazy goals and make them happen
- Be a force for good
- Empower others
- Pursue excellence
- Be a good human