Full Stack, Card & Consumer Banking
Updated on 11/30/2023
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
Data & Analytics
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -2%
1 year growth↓ -12%
2 year growth↑ 18%
Remote in USA
Data & Analytics
- 4+ years of experience in a business focused analytically-driven role (analytics, consulting, finance, data science, etc.)
- Strong business acumen, and judgment with the ability to bring decision making, and drive the area forward.
- Very good working knowledge of SQL and/or experience with Python or R; Project experience with AB Testing is a plus
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau and PowerBI)
- Strong written, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility, curiosity, and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates and are eager to learn about all aspects of the space and XFN areas
- Experience in consumer banking and debit products is preferred, with some understanding of lending mechanics and credit strategies
- Develop business and product strategies to drive growth, profitability and a best in class customer experience with an emphasis on quantitative reasoning
- Write cases and provide insight into opportunities based on analysis through internal and external research, and a close monitoring of the unit’s performance. Continuously embed these insights into our business unit strategy and identify new opportunities for step function growth.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using various advanced analytical and statistical techniques.
- Analyze data to identify gaps/opportunities within product and user experience areas and provide data driven recommendations for improvement
- Build and define critical data sets, reporting, and documentation to enable analysts and cross-functional partners to answer questions efficiently, and monitor the business
- Design and analyze AB tests to understand performance of new features and products
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders from Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sales teams to inform product decisions and influence roadmap and business unit strategy
- Own end-to-end analytics workflow, from defining success & performance metrics, forecasting, to developing scalable analytics solutions (i.e., automated dashboards, reports and presentations) to socialize and influence cross functional teams
- Provide project and analytic leadership, guidance, and mentorship on the team
- Experience in consumer banking and debit products
- Understanding of lending mechanics and credit strategies