ABOUT THE TEAM
The Engineering organization is ~50 engineers, split between two organizations: Transaction/Brokerage Management and Platform Engineering. We appreciate diversity of thought and backgrounds. The Payments Engineering team which is a subset of Transaction/Brokerage Management is responsible for building the commissions disbursement features that manage the payments for all of our agents.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Payments Engineering team, you will work cross-functionally with the product team, customer success team, brokerage team, finance team - almost every team in the company. You will work with and help mentor other engineers, help architect solutions to problems, and communicate with leadership about the needs of the team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Deep collaboration with Product Management to turn user stories into a technical plan that can be executed by multiple people
- Informing product direction by communicating engineering constraints and objectives to the Product Team
- Evaluating and articulating end-to-end designs for strengths and weaknesses (e.g., complexity, quality, scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc)
- Identifying tech debt and making recommendations of reduction
- Upholding application performance and security best practices within the team
- Writing full suite of automated tests to ensure production stability (unit, integration, e2e)
- Writing code for medium to large features independently
- Leading code reviews, providing constructive feedback
- Mentoring junior engineers on the Engineering team
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE
- Extensive experience with Node.js / Fastify (or any Node.js HTTP framework like Express.js)
- Strong experience with testing (unit, integration, and e2e)
- Strong SQL database experience (PostgreSQL and TypeORM experience is a plus)
- GraphQL experience is a plus
- Extensive experience with Git & Github
- Experience with Jira
- High EQ, able to respond effectively to people’s needs
- Experience with open-source is a plus
- Side takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. This range is not inclusive of our equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
- Remote Salary Range: $150,000 - $190,000
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- $1,000/year for learning and development
- Pet friendly environment
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform that helps top-producing agents, teams, and independent brokerages create and grow their own boutique companies — without the cost, time, or risk of operating a brokerage.
Side’s goal is to create and power thousands of agent-owned local real estate brands that serve the needs of their clients and communities better than anyone else. We’re pursuing this goal by building proprietary, best-in-class transaction management technology and providing premier support services (including brand creation, business guidance, and legal coverage) to our exceptional partner agents.
Side is backed by over $300 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, and D1 Capital Partners. The company was named a Most Innovative Company of 2022 by Fast Company and 2021 Company of the Year by Inman News, the real estate industry’s leading publication.
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.