ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working on the Device Services team within Connected Fitness Engineering, building Android applications for our Members that run on our Bikes, Treads, Row, and Guide. The Device Services team owns Peloton’s custom application software update process (think: delivering APKs to Bikes), along with critical Member experience touch points in our main Connected Fitness software, such as application startup. As an Engineer specializing in Android application performance, you will ensure best practices across the entire Connected Fitness Member’s app, with a focus on application performance and vitals - think: reducing jank, improving view rendering, improving screen load times, decreasing application startup, decreasing ANRs, etc. Additionally, you will contribute to the application update software stack, optimizing the way in which we deliver software to millions of Members.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication throughout your team. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow the more mid/junior engineers around you. You will set organization-wide standards for best practices related to Android application performance.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Passion for building scalable and responsive Android applications
- 6+ years of software development experience, 4+ years of Android development experience
- Solid understanding of Kotlin
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVVM and MVI
- Solid understanding of Android threading, and with experience in Coroutines
- Experience with profiling UI, memory, and threading in Android
- Experience using tools such as Perfetto and/or Systrace
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently
- Ability to manage complex cross-team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- Have Android build infrastructure experience using Github Actions or similar
- Have Github project(s), contribute to open source communities, or have published blog posts on Android topics
Base Salary: $172,100.00 to $223,800.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry’s leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.