Staff – Backend Software Engineer
Posted on 10/28/2022
Remote • United States
Google Cloud Platform
- At least 8 years of hands-on engineering experience on backend systems
- 3+ years of lead experience in crafting and implementing fault-tolerant, data-intensive services
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud infrastructure platforms
- Extensive experience with REST API design and implementation
- Experience with production OLTP, caching and event log systems such as PostgresSQL, Redis and Kafka
- Experience implementing modern automated testing and CI/CD pipelines
- Champion of good engineering habits: development and test techniques, security, automation
- Experience working with distributed data and event streaming platforms like EMR, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis
- Strong technical and leadership chops including leading technical decisions for your team and influence technical decisions across your functional domains on large scale projects
- Shown experience leading initiatives/projects that carry out operational reliability factors such as monitoring, performance and capacity planning, security, and disaster response
- Strong experience with one or more of following languages - Golang, TypeScript, Python, Java
- Lead design & implementation of sophisticated backend billing, provisioning and usage systems in collaboration with team members
- Work with cross functional teams to build solutions in order to address struggles faced by Revenue, Accounting, Sales and Support teams to ensure excellent customer experience
- Operates at a team level, helping team work expeditiously through blockers and orchestrating resolutions
- Mentoring junior engineers and building strong mentor relationship attributing to mentee's career growth
- Evaluate and analyze new technology for feasibility, impact and viability
- Actively participate in design, code review, backlog grooming. Works with peers to meet team's commitments
- Based in Colorado: $160,080 - $200,100
- Based in New York or Washington State: $169,520 - $211,900
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $188,320 - $235,400
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave
- Experience with billing and payments systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related industry experience
- On call experience debugging critically important systems
- Experience with container based deployments using Kubernetes or AWS EKS
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives