Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. We believe in the cannabis industry’s ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. As the cannabis industry’s first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience.
To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
What You’ll do:
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for Jane’s financial close process and daily operations, including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Prepaid, Fixed Assets and Accruals. A key focus of this role will be developing processes for scaled operations and driving financial close efficiencies. You will have the opportunity to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical accounting processes. You will report to our Controller.
- Perform various month-end tasks including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules on a timely basis.
- Prepare audit schedules that are requested by the auditors to support our annual audit.
- Review and reconcile monthly sales tax returns prepared by a third party vendor.
- Review vendor invoices for proper coding, approvals and supporting documentation in Concur.
- Ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Audit and review employee expense reports to ensure compliance with the Company’s expense guidelines.
- Responsible for full cycle payroll processing for domestic and international payroll.
- Ensure accurate processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Assist Controller with ad hoc projects.
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of US GAAP and NetSuite or other cloud-based ERP/financial systems
- Excellent excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze/understand problems and recommend solutions
- Detail-oriented with proven analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great compensation package and equity
- Remote friendly work environment with employees throughout the US and Canada
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Unlimited PTO, and home office stipend
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.