Posted on 10/19/2022
Brownsville, TX, USA • McGregor, TX, USA
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, supply chain, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of purchasing or procurement experience
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Experience managing suppliers supporting onsite vendor managed inventory or consignment programs
- Experience sourcing industrial supplies, chemicals, cleanroom goods, cutting tools, and general aerospace consumables
- Remarkable problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize appropriately to meet internal customer and company needs
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, with strong ability to communicate to all levels of internal personnel
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to conduct all activities with the highest of integrity
- Position may require long hours and weekend work when needed
- Position may require domestic travel up to 10%
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Create sourcing strategies for assigned categories to reduce risk and meet targets for the purchasing department including, but not limited to, payment terms, cash targets, and cost savings
- Manage spend and strategies to reduce costs related to categories such as industrial supplies, chemicals, raw material, fittings, and other general MRO
- Manage nationwide vendor stocking programs controlling inventory risk, fulfillment, item selection, and cost negotiations
- Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to create strategic sourcing models that optimize the value of products and services that support business unit requirements to maintain continuous cost reduction programs for controllable expenditures
- Identify and execute cost reduction projects including program wide RFPs, new and renewal vendor LTAs, usage reduction initiatives, and inventory adjustments for lower cost products to serve end users
- Perform advanced quantitative and business processes analyses to identify financial impacts of decisions, cost improvement, and performance for assigned categories
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLAs and KPIs for suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria, such as: delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery
- Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Create contract documents in collaboration with the legal department
- Manage contracts to ensure the performance of the supplier to contract obligations, and established preferred suppliers for assigned categories
- Understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs
- Negotiate to maximize value and cost savings benefits while lowering risk
- Create and implement management programs to develop, continuously improve, manage the performance of, and monitor KPIs of the supply base
- Place purchase orders and resolve blocked invoices related to assigned categories
- Develop and lead efforts to reduce number of transactions for assigned categorie
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.