Harness Design Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent technical degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in system-level harness design
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks, NX, or similar)
- Experience creating engineering drawings and bills of material (BOMs) for manufacturing
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Define and document electrical interconnects through coordination with system, subsystem, and unit design engineers
- Design harness schematics and harness drawings for flight and test applications based on product requirements, including proper configuration management through a design release process
- Prepare and release manufacturing assembly drawings and bills of materials (BOMs)
- Establish harness/cable routing on spacecraft and assist with integration planning
- Provide support to harness production and integration teams to ensure quality and reliability
- Evaluate non-conformances to determine root cause, create actionable items, and system improvements
- Create, maintain and communicate detailed schedules and status updates
- Experience with Zuken design software
- Hands-on experience building electrical harnesses with both solder- and crimp-style connectors for aerospace applications
- Has worked with contract manufacturers to outsource harness builds
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc)
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
Company Core Values
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.