Missile & Air Vehicle Systems
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Newport Beach, CA, USA
- As a missiles systems chief engineer, you'll own the technical development of new missiles systems from white paper sketches and conceptual design through detailed design, build, flight test and transition to production
- This includes vehicle layout and conceptual design, airframe and propulsion system design and integration, guidance section development, payload and datalink integration, fabrication and flight test
- These projects will be diverse in nature and require you to leverage your technical expertise as well as leadership skills to set objectives, build a team, and drive to completion
- The ability to leverage your intuition and prior experience in programmatic level decision will play a key component in making sure the right design/analysis/ and test steps are being completed to ensure success without simply completing steps for the sake of the process that don't add value
- The ideal candidate will leverage their experience executing and successfully completing prior highly optimized multi-disciplinary projects
- Lead technical and programmatic execution of new and existing missile/air vehicle systems design, fabrication, test and productionization
- Own the technical and programmatic success of your programs, establish technical and programmatic vision assemble teams of internal and external subject matter experts, and communicate that vision to them
- Set up trades to enable the exploration of early conceptual designs while working closely with technical SME's and Business Development teams to find the right solution to current and future gaps in the DOD capability to ensure the warfighter has the best solution for current and future conflicts
- Develop system and subsystem architectures and detailed designs either as an independent contributor or side by side with subject matter experts depending on the phase of the project
- Manage the detailed design of the system and subsystems including requirements development, sub-system trades and optimization, risk management etc. to ensure the appropriate consideration of design key performance parameters, schedule, costs and risks
- Coordinate the fabrication of prototype and low-rate production articles and subsystem/system level test efforts
- Support remote deployed operations of your systems
- Work with senior leadership to ensure resource plans are adequate for work scope
- Experience in a senior role leading air vehicle programs from initial concept through test and delivery to customers
- Experience working on mission critical DOD systems
- Experience creating teams and focusing them around a common vision
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or Software engineering, or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD top secret clearance
Technology products for defense & national security
Anduril's mission is to transform US & allied military capabilities with advanced technology.
- Full Family Health Coverage
- 16 Weeks Paid Leave for All Caregivers
- Family Planning & Support
- Incentivized Time Off
- Mental Health Resources
- Financial Planning
- Unlimited Provisions
- Professional Development
Company Core Values
- Impact - Everyone at Anduril has the ability to be a catalyst. You will be encouraged to make your mark from day 1 and be supported every day after.
- Autonomy - Self-motivation is a key component to success. We encourage you to cultivate your ideas, and show, don’t tell. We’re ready whenever you are.
- Speed - We move incredibly fast and welcome people who embrace the quick-paced nature of our work. It is not uncommon for an idea on a Monday to be a prototype by Friday. We ship in weeks, not years.
- Culture - Our team is a collective of intelligent and curious individuals who share the common goal of creating a safer tomorrow - and living balanced, fulfilled lives while doing so.