The third era of AI has arrived, powered by foundation models. Foundation models are achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova DataScale is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, creating the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
The ML Engineering team is a critical unit democratizing the power of foundation models and generative AI and we are seeking the right leader who can help chart the course through the next phase of rapid growth and scale. It is a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and unlock value across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations.
The role spans the entire spectrum of building and delivering foundation models (large language models and diffusion models) - from development to enterprise-level deployment. The role is at the intersection of software engineers and ML data scientists and helps build the right techniques and infrastructure that takes our ML models to enterprise-level production quality. The role will enable the adoption of our models and their data-centric techniques in our enterprise-grade low-code platform, enabling fast delivery to customers in a high request volume.
SambaNova is hiring an Engineering Manager, Machine Learning to lead a team of data scientists and software engineers for the Samba Suite software product.
- Build and lead a strike team from current engineers and external hiring for driving foundation models in natural language processing and computer vision through the production-grade ML lifecycle
- Build and maintain infrastructure for building ML models and data curation techniques (including but not limited to logging and error handling, regression tests, interface standardization, and documentation), enabling high scalability and unlocking velocity within the team
- Periodic shipping of ML artifacts to customer-facing products
- Act as an evangelist to harmonize high-throughput low-latency engineering processes for production-grade ML models in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proven experience leading a strike team from current engineers and external hiring for driving foundation models in natural language processing and computer vision through the production-grade ML lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience building & maintaining infrastructure for building ML models & data curation techniques (including but not limited to logging and error handling, regression tests, interface standardization, and documentation), enabling high scalability and unlocking velocity within the team
- Experience shipping ML artifacts to customer-facing products
- Ability to act as an evangelist to harmonize high-throughput low-latency engineering processes for production-grade ML models in a fast-paced startup environment
Additional Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience with ML model evaluation concepts and core NLP techniques
- Working experience with Kubernetes / docker
- Working experience with building cloud services
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $180,000.00/year up to $220,000.00/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, Dataflow-as-a-ServiceTM, overcomes the limitations of legacy technology to power the large complex foundation models that enable customers to discover new services and revenue streams, and boost operational efficiency. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai or contact us at [email protected]. Follow SambaNova Systems on LinkedIn.