Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in Government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearedgeit.com/benefits
which includes a 10k annual training/education benefit, tech bonuses, and state of the art technology lab. We also offer monthly TechConnect and DeepDive collaboration sessions with our entire technical staff, fully paid.
Position is located at our ClearEdge Corporate office, offering you leadership, support staff, and our first-rate amenities and plenty of parking all in the same facilities! Prime contract is for 6+ years!
Your mission: Work with highly talented development team and key stakeholders to develop the next generation of geospatial user interfaces on an existing seven-year prime contract.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer who will design, develop, sustain, and operationally support front-end presentation tier services for our mission-driven customers. We are looking for candidates ready to learn about geospatial visualization ad analysis, while providing impactful mission critical solutions. This work requires attention to detail and a firm understanding of requirements, development, test, integration, and deployment processes.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A results-oriented developer who can leverage technical skills and techniques, successfully design, develop, and deploy software solutions.
- Enjoy working as a member of an integrated development team
- Self-Motivated with a desire to build new skills
- Are familiar with Agile frameworks and methodologies with a desire to be a certified SCRUM Master
- Enjoy learning new technologies, are a forward thinker, and interested in growing your career with a cutting-edge technology company
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day) You will be joining a dynamic development team for a mission-driven technology thought leader. This involves:
- As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work directly with clients, managers and technical staff to understand business needs, develop technical plans, and deliver impactful solutions that solve client problems
- You will apply your expertise to code, plan, test, and deploy software applications
- Develop User Interfaces that support enterprise interactive dashboards, simulate models of operational problems, and incorporate intuitive interfaces, infographics, interactive drill-downs, and movements.
- Design and develop Business Tier applications to support business logic, algorithms, and integration of separate services
- Design and develop Database Tier interactions, contracts, and models using various database technologies
- Work across multi-functional teams to formulate, prototype, implement, and fine tune solutions
- Collect feedback to make continuous improvements to new and existing software applications
- Contribute to guidelines and design conventions and standards
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships with Government customers, technical staff, and peers
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have)
- You must have 20 years’ experience (20) as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required (Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree)
- Experience with front end web-based application frameworks (e.g., Angular, React, JQuery, Bootstrap, Grails, Leaflet, Google Earth, ArcGIS)
- Experience using IDEs (e.g., Eclipse, Netbeans, IntelliJ, Visual Studio Code)
- Experience using configuration management/versioning tools (e.g., Git, SVN)
- Experience with build tools (e.g., Maven, Jenkins, npm)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with development of applications for Linux based operating systems
Nice to Have
- Documentation experience
- Ability to work well integrating your contributions with others across a diverse team
- Mission-first work ethic
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Experience developing software specifically for Geospatial applications
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new Cyber solutions to current and emerging missions.
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new Cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Careers page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at [email protected]. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.