Staff Ios Engineer
Posted on 2/2/2022
Austin, TX, USA
- Building a Reddit design system, a component library paired with UI best practices and tools for our design team to enable teams at Reddit to work faster and at a higher quality bar
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences
- Expertise in Swift with 5+ years of experience within iOS development
- Sound software engineering fundamentals
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people's lives globally
- Experience building at least one amazing iOS app with a team from start to shipment
- Build experiences and create the patterns for Reddit's official iOS app that improve our core flows like browsing posts, commenting and creating content
- Partner across product, design, and engineering teams to innovate and implement sophisticated solutions to complex challenges
- Participate in the full iOS development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.