Navy Medicine Intern
Posted on 3/3/2023
Silver Spring, MD, USA
- Observe and perform various research tasks related to the Navy Medicine field
- Interact with various government and military research professionals
- Develop resume writing skills
- Support and perform real world and/or simulated public health research in laboratory and field settings
- Develop and present research findings at a STEM symposium
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university in a STEM or medical program
- Sophomore or Junior student status
- Minimum 3.3 GPA (please note GPA on resume to be considered)
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Able to participate onsite at Silver Spring, MD
- Must be able to complete a favorable background investigation
- Leidos has a current opening for a Navy Medicine Intern at our Silver Spring MD location! The Navy Medicine (NM) internship program is designed to provide interns with an interdisciplinary experience with NM Staff Corps consisting of the Medical Corps (MC), Dental Corps (DC), Medical Service Corps (MSC) and Nurse Corps (NC)
- Selected Interns will be introduced to the numerous career opportunities offered in NM as well as Navy ships, operational field settings and resume writing. By the end of the internship, they will transition to technical, hands-on training at the Naval Medical Research Center (NMRC) in Silver Spring MD where they will be paired with a NMRC principal investigator (PI) mentor and perform real world and mock research on various potential public health scenarios. Interns will present a case report at a symposium with STEM students from various programs thus enhancing their peer, mentor and STEM community. Upon completion of this program interns should 1) have a better understanding of NM career opportunities, 2) obtain critical exposure, knowledge and training in progressive STEM medical approaches, and 3) develop a professional network of peers and mentors for sustained professional development and advancement
- Primary Responsibilities
- Actively pursuing a career in science and/or medicine
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.