6 month growth↑ 6%
1 year growth↑ 9%
2 year growth↑ 46%
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 8 years of related experience with a Master's degree
- Experience in software development and technical program or project management in SaaS
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Deep understanding of the product development process and program management
- Proven experience in risk management, project planning, and resource management
- Excellent communication skills
- Data-driven decision maker
- PMP and/or Agile certification is a plus
- Expert with program management tools, including Jira, Jellyfish.co, Notion
- Oversee the strategic direction and execution of all software programs within their domain
- Leverage industry insights and best practices to guide the evolution of the organization's program management discipline
- Oversee the integration of Agile practices with other organizational processes
- Lead organizational efforts in understanding and anticipating market shifts
- Establish the organization's strategic direction for stakeholder engagement
- Craft communication strategies that resonate at all organizational levels
- Develop and mentor the next generation of TPM leadership
- Engage in critical projects, ensuring smooth execution and timely delivery
- Experience as a Product Manager or Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field
- A combination of technical and business education
- A PMP and/or Agile certification
We are looking for an experienced Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our growing Software Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with product and engineering teams to shepherd successful value delivery to our worldwide customers and have a far-reaching impact. This role requires Software Engineering (SDLC) experience along with at least 7 years of experience as Technical Program Management with a degree in Computer science/ Master’s or PHD.
You are passionate about delivering on-time, quality solutions and obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and agile coaching. Successful candidates will have a technical or product background, be detail driven, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and a proven track record of successfully delivering large-scale programs.
This is a new TPM team focused on growth, scalability, scope and impact. You should be excited to contribute to building team practices from the ground up, mentoring TPM team members, and scaling program management across the R&D org.
This individual will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Program Management.
- Oversees the strategic direction and execution of all software programs within their domain, including strategic direction for the organization’s Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Leverages industry insights and best practices to guide the evolution of the organization’s program management discipline, cultivating a culture of continuous improvement, driving towards Agile excellence.
- Oversees the integration of Agile practices with other organizational processes to ensure a seamless software development experience.
- Leads organizational efforts in understanding and anticipating market shifts, preparing software teams for future challenges.
- Establishes the organization’s strategic direction for stakeholder engagement, ensuring long-term alignment and partnership.
- Crafts communication strategies that resonate at all organizational levels, ensuring clarity, commitment, and action.
- Develops and mentors the next generation of TPM leadership, ensuring the sustenance and growth of the program management discipline.
- While strategic in nature, the role also requires hands-on engagement in critical projects, ensuring smooth execution and timely delivery.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience plus a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Master’s degree. Related experience must include a mix of software development and technical program or project management in SaaS.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field. A combination of technical and business education would be ideal but is not mandatory.
- Experience as a Product Manager or Software Engineer is desirable but not required.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Deep understanding of the product development process, the product lifecycle, and program management.
- Proven experience in risk management, project planning, and resource management.
- Excellent communication skills for a smooth collaboration with engineers and other teams.
- Data-driven decision maker; possesses the ability to leverage SDLC and Program data to identify areas of improvement, monitor progress, and ensure effective resource allocation.
- A PMP and/or Agile certification is a plus.
- Expert with program management tools, including Jira, Jellyfish.co, Notion.
Please note: In the spirit of winning together, the position will be based in Toronto, Ontario and in-office collaboration is required for at least one day per week.
GO FARTHER WITH VELOCITY
At Velocity Global, we’re building a dream team made up of the world’s best talent. We’re looking for people like you to join us as we make opportunity borderless for people everywhere.
ABOUT VELOCITY GLOBAL
At Velocity Global, our values represent who we are and the company we want to be. We harness the power of unity, diversity, and collaboration, drive for impact, and win as a team - bringing our unique talents together to achieve our common goals. In partnership with our customers and ourselves, we are better together, and together, we win.
Please refer to our present benefits offering here.