Data Scientist, Analytics
Posted on 2/1/2022
- Three years of industry experience in data science or analytics
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Have a hypothesis-driven, scientific approach to problems
- Ability to come up with reasonable conclusions when no ground truth exists
- Advanced SQL skills
- Comfortable manipulating data with Python or R
- Excellent at visualizing data
- Excellent product instincts
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Mode
- Engage in data deep dives and experiments to provide data-driven recommendations
- Use data to impact project prioritization
- Help us understand useful ways to segment users
- Identify problems with data quality and fix problems when possible
- Engage in productive thought partnership with business stakeholders, helping us navigate tradeoffs together and grow our data-driven culture
- Work to make our data science roadmap impactful and systematic
- Write tests and set up monitoring to reduce data problems
- Automate new data pipelines and analyses
- Present results of deeper data dives to the team
- Help us figure out which problems matter that we aren't thinking about
- Build dashboards if they will have a meaningful impact
- Iterate on best-in-class reporting menu, to minimize ad-hoc reporting requests
- Bonus: Experience working in a direct-to-consumer or digital subscription business
Meditation and sleep app
Calm's mission is to make the world happier and healthier. Their vision is to build Calm into one of the most valuable and meaningful brands of the 21st century.
- Investment + Growth - Calm can only grow if you do. We offer a great salary, equity, 401(k), and even a generous extended learning budget.
- Health + Wellness - We’ll cover 100% of your health, dental, and vision, and give you monthly stipends for your fitness and wellness routines too.
- Time + Space - When we say PTO is Take What You Need, we really mean it.
- Parents + Kids - Your family is a vital part of our community too. That’s why we offer baby bonding leave to all salaried employees.
- Home + Office - Your home office should be as functional and inspirational as your office office. We’ll give you a WFH stipend to help.
- Culture + Connection - Our calendar of (virtual) social events ensures you always feel part of, and close with, the team, no matter where you are.
Company Core Values
- Growth mindset
- Humble & hungry
- High EQ
- Results focused