Senior Cloud Engineer
Posted on 7/15/2022
Alameda, CA, USA
- You write code because you want people to use it
- Almost nothing frustrates you more than wasting time writing code that doesn't have value; that doesn't contribute to solving a problem that matters
- Working on a list of requirements chiseled on a stone tablet by someone on the “business” team holds no interest for you
- You want to understand the problem you are solving fully
- You want to understand the customers you're solving it for
- You listen to them directly, ask them questions, and reach beyond their words to understand their needs. Then, and only then, you start designing and writing software. And when it launches, your solution blows your customers away
- It is not the solution they asked for. It is the solution they are amazed to find they needed all along
- You are undeterred by ambiguity
- The feeling never lasts long when you feel like you have no idea where to start
- You strike the right balance of finding your answers and asking questions to avoid spinning your wheels
- You can't stand to be beaten by a problem and are persistent almost to a fault
- You finish what you start
- You know that if a challenge isn't a little daunting, it's probably not worth doing. You love learning
- You are comfortable just outside the boundaries of your comfort zone. (You get what we're talking about, even though that last sentence doesn't make sense)
- Your teammates have pulled you aside from time to time to tell you how much they enjoy working with you
- You share your knowledge and ideas freely
- You point out opportunities where your team can improve, but no one thinks of you as overbearing
- You admit mistakes out loud so that everyone can benefit from what you learned
- You make others feel comfortable and included by being vulnerable
- You have a sense of humor, or you appreciate it in others. You persuade others with your conviction, but you listen at the same time. You always look to disconfirm your own beliefs
- You express gratitude and recognize good work
- You have written code professionally for a few years and have experience with at least one strongly-typed language
- You have good practical experience in a few, but probably not all, of the following areas: Modern web services architectures; Cloud platforms such as AWS; Designing and Implementing horizontally scalable services
- Strong programming skills & scripting fundamentals; writing Go code; using Terraform; writing build, release, and CICD states on Linux
- Deep understanding on Linux, SSL Certificates, Virtualization and containerization using Docker
- Working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- You are solution-oriented, creative at solutions, and strong at problem-solving
Retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise
Fanatics mission is to facilitate sports community through apparel. The company is one of the largest retailers of officially licensed sports merchandise.
- Work Life Balance - At Fanatics we place our focus on results and empowerment and encourage you to enjoy your time on and OFF the field with our competitive time off policies.
- Recognition and Rewards Program - Fanatics values our internal fans too! Our programs are designed to thank and reward Fanatics athletes for their hard work and commitment to winning as a team.
- Company Sponsored Events - From breakfast to happy hour and every hour in between – Fanatics employees can enjoy time together at one of our many company events.
- Fanatics.com Employee Discount - As an employee you will receive a special discount on all of your favorite sports merchandise and memorabilia.
- Give Back - Fanatics cares about the fans around us. We encourage you to partner up with your teammates in giving back and serving the communities where we work and play.
- Meet & Greets - You never know who will show up to the office. You might just meet one of your all-time favorite athletes.
- Invest in You - Here at Fanatics we want you to accomplish your goals. We offer tuition reimbursement.
- Healthy Lifestyle - Fanatics cares about helping and supporting our teams in their busy lifestyles. Through wellness relationships with fitness and weight management partners we are here to support you in whatever your lifestyle goals.
- Wellness Coverage - Your health is important to you – and it’s important to us too! We offer a number of benefit plan options for convenience and flexibility.
- Financial Security - Through our plans, Fanatics offers you a way to budget for health care expenses that you’d typically pay for out of pocket.
- Retirement - The sooner you begin planning for your retirement, the better. Fanatics offers generous plans to help you prepare for the future.
- Network of Support - Fanatics understands that sometimes you may need someone in your corner. Through the Life Assistance Program, you and your family have access to support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Fanatics Family First - Afterall we are #OneFanatics. Put your family first with our paid maternity and paternity leave program, or take advantage of our infertility treatment reimbursement program to get the support you need while you try to grow your family.
- IDEA - We invite you to join one of our Employee Resource groups, or celebrate and honor what’s most important to you through our IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equality & Advocacy) floating holiday. We recognize diversity helps foster innovation, and people perform better when they can be themselves. Gender Affirmation Treatment reimbursement is available to employees.
- By Fans, For Fans - By Fans = Bringing passion and pride to the work we do; For Fans = Exceeding fan expectations
- One Fanatics... Win As A Team - Our combined efforts; growing and succeeding together; WE before ME
- Missionary, Not Mercenary - At Fanatics, working here is more than a paycheck, it’s doing what you love everyday
- Innovative Products and Fan Experiences - Offering fans unique products and ultimate experiences – there is no one else doing what we do, better than we do it
- Execution and Agility... Over Talk - Quickly adapting and delivering our best in a fast-paced, high growth environment while maintaining humility