Build the programs to help Flexport grow
About Reporting and Analytics
Reporting & Analytics team (R&A) is part of Customer Platform organization whose goal is to provide a world-class product to help business clients create, manage and analyze their global supply chain shipments.
R&A’s mission is to serve clients with their supply chain data and help them understand, analyze to improve their supply chain performance.
The team owns an e2e system which consists of data ingestion, data storage, data query engine, customizable reporting UI and data visualization.
- Manage a highly technical team of full-stack engineers to help develop impactful and quality products in a fast-growing business
- Drive impact from building a technically sound system with high sensitivity to data changes, self-validation of data quality, fast querying latency
- Build an intuitive analytical product to solve real-world supply chain problems
- Partner with 10+ engineering teams to hold a high bar of supply chain data accuracy and performance
- Collaborate with enterprise account managers to deliver an impactful business product to clients
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience writing software and strong engineering background
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ software engineers
- Proven track record of building large-scale complex distributed systems. A passion for diving into the nuts and bolts of how things work, and for building high-quality systems
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Experience scaling products and teams in high-growth environments
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React + Next.js, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app into a Micro Services architecture, primarily on JVM languages (Java and Kotlin). Our data is persisted in the right store for the job, typically Postgresql or MongoDB. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Kubernetes.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range displayed, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and / or training.
The US base salary range for this full-time position: (exclusive of bonus, equity and benefits.)