Supplier Quality Engineer
Posted on 11/6/2023
Employee-owned supplier of automotive metal assemblies
Challenge Manufacturing, a leading global supplier of complex assemblies and engineered metal formed products to the automotive industry, stands out for its employee-centric culture and competitive advantage. The company's Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) fosters a collaborative and teamwork-oriented environment, allowing its team members to share in the company's success, which has led to its ranking as the 40th largest ESOP Company in the US in 2017. With a commitment to safety, ownership, and teamwork, Challenge Manufacturing provides job security, fair treatment, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth, making it an attractive workplace in its industry.
Automotive & Transportation
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 14%
1 year growth↑ 31%
2 year growth↑ 34%
Holland, MI, USA
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hands-on experience establishing, auditing, leading, and maintaining an IATF quality system.
- Experience working as a QE, or SQE in a manufacturing environment utilizing an IATF quality system.
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T and engineering drawings.
- Experience in DFMEA, PFMEA, process control plans and technical process documentation.
- Trained in and have knowledge of root cause analysis, six sigma, CA processes. Experience working directly with suppliers.
- ASQ certification preferred. Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word).
- Six Sigma experience preferred.
- 5+ Years of related experience and/or training
- ability to travel up to 25%
- Root cause investigation, identification, and the implementation and validation of permanent corrective actions
- Proficiency in communicating performance metrics and expectations for continuous improvement to suppliers
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience with Advanced Quality Planning tools, such as FMEA, Control Plan, Process Mapping, Gage Studies, and SPC
- Competence in Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and Lean Manufacturing principles
- The ability to lead cross-functional project teams, ensuring project timelines and objectives are met while adhering to process requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams in executing the Advance Supplier Readiness process, supporting initiatives related to capacity increases, cost reduction, supplier-requested changes, and new product/process qualifications
- Independently drive suppliers to identify the true root causes of non-conformances using analytical tools and processes, ensuring the implementation and sustainability of permanent corrective actions
- Identify and develop inspection methods for monitoring critical characteristics of incoming parts, including inspection plans, and communication of results to both internal teams and suppliers
- Facilitate and lead training sessions in quality tools, including FMEA, SPC, DMAIC, MSA, and statistics
- Support the development and enhancement of business management methodologies and training materials related to design processes and improvement initiatives
- Support manufacturing location on supplier related performance issues (conduct 8D verification, review CS1/CS2 containment process implementation at supplier)
- Join suppliers’ audits for new potential suppliers to be added in the supply base
- Independently develop acceptance sampling within incoming supplier lots (ASQ/Z1.4)
- Review supplier metric data and generate reports as needed to drive zero defect mentality within the supply base
- Drive preventative measures to minimize incoming defects through incoming inspection of all supplier material
- ASQ certification
- Six Sigma experience